1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Yet another Anime Reccomendation Request Thread XD

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by AcroneSF, Dec 21, 2010.

1. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

Recently I've been watching anime like crazy as I'm finally on my school holidays. Hell in the past week I finished off watching Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and completed watching Highschool of the Dead + all three Full Metal Panic's and I just completely fell in love with them.

So here's my dilemma, I've been finding it hard to find animes I like because I'm just to picky I guess.
    I'm after an anime that has Action + Romance with a bit of Comedy.

I've seen numerous threads over the internet with the same requests (Action + Romance + Comedy) yet I just can't find what I'm after. What I've noticed in all of these animes is that the main character(s) is put into a tough situation and then they are forced to adapt or perish. Eventually a girl is added to the plot and they fall in love (well usually). The protagonist then fights and defeats the baddies out of his sheer will to protect his fellow comrades.

I know this is confusing but its not so easy for me to explain. (If you've seen KHR + HOTD + FMP this is easier to understand)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!,
    AcroneSF

P.S: Sorry if that made no sense what so ever to you, I'm terrible at explaining things ::)

Offtopic: Whenever I finish an anime I'm always saddened because I have a tendency to get attached to the characters and when the series ends it always takes me a day or two to get over it, Does this happen to anyone else?

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

My favorite Eureka Seven would be good good match :D

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Zero no Tsukaima I guess.

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Can't really suggest anything as well. Maybe something like Cowboy Bebop, but not too much Romance in that.

5. Ultimatefuffin

Ultimatefuffin Active Member

Mahou Sensei Negima?? Maybe...?

Yes, happens to me too.

6. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Fate/Stay Night?
    ... Maybe princess Tutu ...
    Code geass is also nice.
    ... Maybe Kaleido Star ...

7. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I have come to list some obscure anime that I like (but may not have seen due to various problems such as finding the episodes in either dubbed or eng-subbed format). Links lead to an info page, either Wikipedia or the next best place for info on that anime.

1. Haibane Renmei - I don't know if this is what you're looking for. Drama and Fantasy
    2. The World God Only Knows - Romance-Comedy Parody. Definitely what you're looking for, though maybe more parody than what you're looking for.
    3. Last Exile - I don't really know if this is what you're looking for... Adventure, Fantasy, and Steampunk with some Romance undertones that never really take off. It's got some good action at some points, too.

Aside from these three, I'm not sure anything I know of counts as obscure.

8. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

there's a lot of romance anime this fall,,,, harem, for exact,,, (i don't know why, but maybe in japan fall=harem anime),,, and i don't really understand what kind of anime that you looking for, but here's the list of anime i've been watching,,
    1. ore no imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake g nai (my little sister can't be this cute) - romance, comedy (slightly incest)
    2. the world god only knows (kami no mizu shiru sekai) - romance, fantasy, adventure, harem
    3. sora no otoshimono - forte (this is season 2 though, you wouldnt understand if you don't watch season 1) - romance, action, sci-fi
    4. bakuman
    5. Digimon Xwars - well, you know,,, just like the older series of digimon
    6. Pokemon Best Wish - same as above
    7. amagami ss - adapt from VN, romance, comedy, harem
    8. shiki - mystery, romance

some of it has already end this year though,,,

9. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Yay KHR, my favourite!
    Fairy Tail fits the description pretty well, I highly recommend Fairy Tail.
    Nurarihyon no Mago, I highly recommend. The main character really reminds me of Tsuna. Nurarihyon no Mago is fantastic.