1. This forum is in read-only mode.

xbox live using mobile broadband

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by killer69, Jul 6, 2010.

1. killer69

killer69 Well-Known Member

hey just wondering how is the performance of online gaming with a mobile broadband dongle? i'm in australia and i have 3 usb modem and my area has no cable connection due to stupid pairgain. i searched google and manage to connect it to xbox live using shared connection. i want to find out whether it is laggy playing online before buying xbox live gold subscription. thanks.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...it'll be as laggy as hell.

I'm amazed you done the process, for my ps3 I had to link my ps3 to my laptop...which sucks like hell.

And it's even slower speeds.

Use what you got for upping your gamer card and junk, no gameplay.

3. killer69

i connected mine the same way as well. using cross over cable to connect xbox 360 to laptop and then share the internet connection. so i guess i better not waste money in the xbox gold then if it's gonna be laggy as hell :(

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yup (I feel sorry for you, to subscribe to play online-that sucks)

Where I am (in australia) I was lucky enough to get adsl...and that sucks too (one second lag hurts when sniping :( -let alone when the given limit is gone)

5. killer69

australia needs better internet connection

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this isnt possible. Australia is one of the most sparsely populated countries on earth, outside of major cities the infrastructure just isnt present and would be astronomically expensive to install and maintain.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There was some debate about getting it...but hanging the cables from telephone lines is stupid.

MOST people ie the ones who like sport and can't work out a remote...are happy with what we have anyway, it's the small percent ie ME that want it :(

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Also if you move Australia closer to both the US and Europe, then you'll have a better connection with the rest of the world.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...move a continent?

Provide a solution and I'll make it happen, provided you give me the money.

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, I prefer that I don't have to worry about Australia, let alone think about it on a day to day basis.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...damn you, just when I thought there was hope :(

...move me to Canada?