1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xbox 360 Problems

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by teheezin, Mar 29, 2011.

1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Guys , I really need help on this , recently my dad got me an Xbox 360 slim with it's dvd drive Flashed , So I got a couple of games and they all worked perfectly except ! my Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 ! I booted up the game and it enters into loading screen asking me not to turn off my console while it's auto-saving or whatsoever , then they moved on to the Bandai Logo screen and after that , the screen goes blank and my Xbox 360 Slim is freezed , I need to turn it off and then turn it on again . I've tried booting up the game for like soo many times already and it's still not working , I took the disc back to the shop and the shopkeeper got me a new disc and before I brought it home , the shopkeeper tested the new disc on his Xbox 360 Elite , and it worked, but when I got home and try booting it up , the same problem persist . Please people, any idea? I really want to play the game :(

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

You tried installing the game ?

3. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Did you already asked the shop keeper?

Was the xbox new or was resold?

(I don't know how flashed drive works) Did you update the firmware? Tried using a boot DVD?

Which games are working? Which aren't?

4. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Yep I did, but the "Disk Error" thing popped out asking me to clean the disc with a soft cloth , but the disc is not damaged D; seeing the shopkeeper can actually play it .

I did too ! And he said it's not the Xbox's problem , it'usually the disc's problem.

I'm not sure if the firmware is the latest one , but it does support Kinect ID , I asked the Shopkeeper about the Boot Discs but he told me it's not necessary because boot discs are for older Xbox 360's model.

The games that are working for me currently are :
    - Fable 3
    - Splinter Cell Conviction
    - Final fantasy 13
    - Vanquish
    - Street Fighter IV (Super)
    - Marvel Vs Capcom 3
    - Soul Calibur IV
    - Tiger Woods PGA 10
    - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    - Dragon Age 2
    - Dead Rising 2
    - Create
    - The Sims 3
    - GTA IV
    - NFS Shift
    - Resident Evil 5
    - And Every Single Kinect Games

5. lewis9191

Cant you download it ?

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's because the new Slims with the flashed drives are very unstable and unpredictable, most likely. It's still in the works and what not. It's not as stable as the original 360 drive flashing.

7. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I have no idea how to burn one D; it seems complicated .
    Hey Ace ! remember me?! Anyway, thanks for the tips D: my friend will be lending me his disc tomorrow, I shall try and see if it works.

8. lewis9191

Not complicated at all and for the price of a DVD which is around £1.00 it would be could to have a spare copy anyway.

9. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I'm not sure what type of disc can I use D:

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

If you're still paying £1 per dvd then you're getting ripped off

11. lewis9191

Well yeah they are even cheap then that now.
    I would go for verbatim since you want a good quality DVD

12. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Every time we enter that discussion I remember that verbatim isn't sold around here (and the rest is total crap, at leash here) T_T

Well, so far I can tell. I guess that Ace is right.
    Since you can play new games (like Dragon Age II and AC: brotherhood) I can't see the problem being a firmware problem.
    The boost CD is a cheap solution for people (*cough*cough* like me *cough*cough) that can't update the firmware. So it isn't the solution as well.

Guess we could call it unluck.

13. lewis9191

Where do you live and how did you get the other games?

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Of course. We played COD a couple of times and other shit. :p

I haven't heard anything else about the new 360s as the buddy of mine who knew about it isn't online much anymore.

15. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Lol , hey Ace, do you know if I can play xbox 360 games online with my flashed dvd drive xbox 360 slim if I get an original disc?

16. lewis9191

Yes you can. I have a flashed xbox and its fine.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes. Don't play online though.

18. teheezin

teheezin Guest

So , no multiplayer? how about DLC's and demo's?

19. lewis9191

You can play fine online with your flashed drive if you are using a original disc/legit
    You could also play with burned disc if you stealth it but i wouldnt recommend since you will get banned evantually.

20. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Omg , I recently bought Crysis 2 and the same thing happened ! after the intro saying "Achieved by Crytek Engine 3" it goes blank screen and my xbox 360 slim freezes O_O it should work if I get a Crysis 2 disc from my friend and install it then use my disc to play , just like what I did with the naruto game , but is there a way to actually fix this kinda issue?