1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xbox 360, Help :)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by KaiserSensei, Aug 9, 2009.

1. KaiserSensei

KaiserSensei Well-Known Member

OK so, i used to have an original Xbox, that was pretty cool, then i moved on to the snes and just fell in love.

But now they're some really good games coming out for the 360. So i found a nice little bundle, for an appropriate amount, and i was wondering.

Do i really need the HDMI socket at the back? What is it for? It it a necessity?

Games i was thinking of
    Ultimate Alliance 2
    Arkham Asylum

but i also have never had the chance to play halo 3 and gears of war :(

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

HDMI port is for connecting it to a high definition TV. It is not needed, but the picture quality is supposedly better if you have one. If you have a standard definition TV, you will use a composite connector like the previous generation consoles used.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

While HD is not needed, some games do not play well on Standard Definition.

The most prominent example is the Last Remnant. Without HD the text in the menus is almost unreadable. The lower resolution cannot display the text clearly enough. And if you are sitting halfway across your living room, it's likely you won't be able to make it out, regardless of how good your eyesight is (the image of the text is blurred together).

4. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Same thing with Star Ocean (especially)- and some things were hard to determine in Lost Odyssey, etc.

I bought a 32" Vizio for about $400, and a gold-plated HDMI cable on amazon for $3. Best investment of my life. 8D

5. Loonylion

rather a big mistake on the part of the developers to assume that people have a HDTV.

6. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

But if you show your game on component ,people will hate it.

7. Loonylion

there's nothing wrong with demonstrating it on a HDTV. The mistake is assuming everyone has a HDTV and producing the game in such a fashion that renders it unplayable on SD.

8. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Amen.

9. Fulthrotle73

Fulthrotle73 New Member

Most Xbox 360's sold today have hdmi but you dont have to use it. You can utilize either or.

10. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

arkham asylum = arkham awsome-lum

11. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

If you own a 360, YOU MUST OWN HALO

It's a law, I swear.

12. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Gears of Wars
    Fable 2
    Halo 3, maybe

As a ps3 owner, I am upset becouse of theese games. You have to own them.