1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Witcher 2.. Help needed?! (please care to answer)

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by kanwarrulz_123, Aug 11, 2011.

1. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Sup?
    Recently, just downloaded The Witcher 2 via torrents basically about the size 6 Gb.
    Now, the problem here is that i want to transfer this iso file(6 gb) to my laptop. I have tried to put the iso file into my USB (8gb).
    But whenever i try it says that the drive doesn't have enough space even though the file is only 6 giga and USB stores upto 8.
    I have even tried to copy the files by mounting the image file.. but one of the setup.bin files fails to copy .. and continues to say the drive is full eventhough there is ample space left.
    Well, I believe that the problem might be the compressed data (13 gb, that is) inside the image that is preventing transfer.
    Now, please i would love to have some suggestions.
    An if there is any way to split a .bin file into two, i would love to know?.. but first anyone help me on the issue above.
    If at all any suggestions given, thanks.. :)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

your USB will be formatted as FAT32, which has a maximum filesize limit of 4GB for a single file. Put the file into a winrar archive using store compression (no compression basically) and a split size of 4000000000 The result will be a split rar where both files are a bit less than 4GB.

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

So to archive the file, should i right click and press "Add to archive"?

Post Merge: [time]1313105129[/time]
    ^ Hey..! Loony..!
    You are the god.. ! Thanks alot.. it worked... :)