1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WII, XBOX or PS3

Discussion in 'Debates' started by mr snow, Nov 9, 2008.

1. mr snow

mr snow Well-Known Member

who do you prefer: WII, XBOX or PS3? ???
    I prefer the WII ;D but I like the PS3 :) aswell.
    while the other two have better graphics the WII is much more fun because of the motion senors though some of the third party games suck :(

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

PS3 has motion sensing too, and as far as I'm concerned it makes much better use of it. I play games to relax, and jumping around the room like an idiot isn't my idea of relaxing.

3. Woolie1994

Woolie1994 Well-Known Member

I agree with Loony 100%

4. mr snow

mr snow Well-Known Member

I don't. the WII is all motion sensing and makes much better use of it. Take mario galaxy for instance and metroid prime 3.

5. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

I've never played any of those :'( :'( :'( :'(

6. Loonylion

With the result that you are jumping around and waving the wiimote and not relaxing, which defeats the whole purpose of a games console.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Few topics on this already. When I play on a console, I usually have just eaten or am drinking something. It'd be hard to move around a lot with a full stomach. And PS3 motion is nice, like on Drake's Fortune. I play games to relax too.

8. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of buying either PS3/360/Wii this December. I'm leaning towards PS3, though. Free PSN, backwards compatibility with my PS2 games, some great games for it. I WOULD buy a Wii, but that would mean I'm abandoning over 50 PS2 games that I own (sold my PS2 :( ).

9. Loonylion

I have a PS3 and I'm very happy with it.

10. ultra

ultra Guest

i have the wii only.
    it lacks third party because they don't want to invest in the development process.
    it has more variety of games then the other two systems.

the 360/ps3 success lies on the fps genre, this explains why there are so many of them. it's the same idea with the wii, the mario and wario ware games are successful so companies clone them because those games were successful, hence the many party/mini game games. look at ds with all those animal games from ubisoft and those education games from other companies, third party companies see's that nintendo succeeded in these games so other companies clone them.

if you want to try something new, go with the wii. if you like the same old gameplay from last generation then stick with the 360/ps3.

there is no more backward compatability any more. the 60gb's are dead and the 80gb's have software, which was stated by loony a long time ago. i believe the software is only for ps2 not ps1.

i like wii's download services. very nice stuff. i like that breaker game from gameloft.

11. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

I say that the PS3 is Better, Reason Being is Because i Loved The PS2 game BattleField 2, and now they have BattleFIeld Bad Company on it, I Played the 360 version, but i hated the controls. Also the PS3 as i believe is gettin itself a Costom Frimwere, hackers are Developing one

12. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

All three systems have their good points and bad points respectively. I personally like my PS3 better than any of the other systems, yes I have had all 3, but it's just a case of personal preference. I'm not one to say "My system is better and if you don't like it, you suck too." I'm no fanboy. I like the 360 because most of it's games are in true HD. Unlike the PS3, whose games are mostly 720p. I like the PS3 because it has wi-fi built in, and it's a blu-ray player right out of the box. The 360 supports a dead format (HD DVD) and it's software is limited to DVD9 technology. Not to mention that X-Box Live isn't free. PSN is. The loss of PS2 backward compatibility is like a slap to the face, because Sony no longer includes the "Emotion Engine" in the new PS3's. But like I said earlier, it's all a matter of personal preference. I like all 3 systems, but I like the PS3 best.

13. EDRICK88

EDRICK88 Well-Known Member

i like WII because the Pokemon, and we play any game with fun..
    i dont like XboX, its complicated. i just like their advertising "LIFE SHORT, PLAY MORE"

I like ps3 the most. since it ps and ps2, i never change my hearth to another console even i buy the other too. =)

14. ultra

ultra Guest

this is the representation of the wii. in that picture i spot a soccer mom, a retard and kiddies!

you're better of with the ps3 or 360. just pointing out the direction many are pointing to.

15. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

LOALLL !!, There play mario brothers, with 2 pads but the game is 1 player.

So WTF ?

and were is mario on the screen ?

why are they all Smileing ?

16. ultra

ultra Guest

super mario brothers is a two player game. i can see someone never played the super mario game for the nes.

17. EDRICK88

EDRICK88 Well-Known Member

did anyone play FF XIII demo??
    that was awesome..cant wait to play the full version
    [​IMG]

Will Square-Enix remake their best title??
    [​IMG]

NICE EDIT or this is true?? ;D
    [​IMG]

18. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

1. I want to.

2. I hope so.

3. I love the skinned PS3. Awesome work if it's real.

19. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

well if relaxation is the goal i usually lay back in the bed and play either my psp or ds. i really dont think too many people buy a game system to play it and relax......if that was the case zenses and leisure suite larry would be the two top hit games of all time(personally i think it is something to do that is fun to pass time and possibly make some new friends). i personally bought a wii because if i got any other system i would have a tough time finding people to play with me. as it currently stands not many people can turn down a good game of mario kart. that being said i do kind of regret buying my wii, like alot. lets face it people the game selection is pretty much crap for a person between 15 and 30. sure there have been some good ones for people like me such as no more heroes but that just isnt enough! i would buy an xbox 360, but i hear too much about how peoples break on them (i mean it is a microsoft product ;) ) with how most games have streamlined onto both the nex-gens and how sony has a better rap for reliability i would say that the ps3 is the best..........but eliminating all backwards compatibility from the number one selling video game system ever (ps2) would have to be one of the stupidest moves a company could make. for so long i have been thinking about actually getting one of these two systems but after learning about the canning of backwards compatibility from sony and hearing about my friend who has been through several red rings of death i have decided to buy neither. all three of these companies need to get their heads outta their asses and realize that their systems have some very fatal flaws.

20. ultra

ultra Guest

sony screwed themselves when the ps3 was unveiled.
    i wonder why ken kutaragi quit sony after the ps3. after 2 years we can full understand that he f'ed up.