1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Wii] Soul Calibur Legends - enterrador666

Discussion in 'Game Reviews' started by enterrador666, Apr 26, 2008.

1. enterrador666

enterrador666 Member

Not the Soul Calibur I was expecting. This game seems as though it should be an add on to an actual Soul Calibur title and not a stand alone game. I love the Soul Calibur series but this game took that name and created a simplistic hack and slash. The game took almost everything that made Soul Calibur great and threw it out the window.

[​IMG]

Presentation 5/10
    From the title screen I had a feeling that I was in for less than I expected. The story line focused on Seigfried and some historical aspects were incorporated. The story line though wasn't too great. The diologe was very melancholy and at times annoying. The story jumped from one thing to another and it was kind of hard to follow.

The restrictiveness of the game was a bit annoying. Once in a stage there is only one way to go. You go through the map in sections, when you arrive at a section you can not go back anymore because it will be blocked off. There really is no strategy to beating the levels, simply start the level, hack your way through it and your done.

One good thing about this game though was the mix of characters, not all the characters were in this game but some of my favorites were.The best part about the characters was being able to play as Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia for the GC, one of my favorite games.

Graphics 7/10
    The graphics were decent, the only thing that ruins it is the maps and enemies getting recycled over and over and over. It seemed as though after the first two levels the enemies and the maps were recycled over and over. What got annoying was after beating a few levels you always went back to the "defend the castle" level where they threw the same old recycled enemies at you.

The cutscenes were a high point in the graphics department. They were very good and the voice acting was enjoyable.

Sound 6/10
    The music was not memorable but it was not bad. The voice overs were actually well done but the story line killed the diologe. The implementation of the voices into the cutscenes was done very well, and the voice acting was good.

Game Play 3/10
    The controls were anything but smooth. You could actually just wave your arms side to side and beat all the enemies in front of you. No real strategy to the control scheme. The targeting system was another annoying tid bit of this game. Auto target is probably the best way to go though, but this area could have been improved. The jumping system also lacked and the few puzzles were very easy, it seemed almost insulting

One thing that I did like about this game was being allowed to use two different characters. You pick them at the beggining of the level then through out the level if you feel like switching than it's a painless process. If you're low on health once again it's a painless process to switch and probably one of the better things of this game.

Lasting appeal 2/10
    Extremely low. No replay value. From beggining to end this game was repetative and very simplistic. It didn't require any thinking or strategy, not to mention it was linear to an extreme.

Final Review 23/50
    Out of 10 - 4.6
    [​IMG]

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Re: Soul Calibur Legends (Wii)

Really that bad? You didn't follows the rules properly, the Total has to be out of 50. Simplying the total like that might be okay though.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, it has to be out of 50 for consistency.

4. ultra

ultra Guest

delete this post

5. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

Re: (Wii) Soul Calibur Legends - enterrador666

I'm really disappointed on how the game turned out. Though, being able to play as Lloyd made my fandom almost override my senses...

But anywho, nice review: very concise and to the point. Keep it up, enterrrador.

6. Karl202623

Karl202623 Well-Known Member

I Have to agree with ur review.

7. krazyyaj

krazyyaj Well-Known Member

i couldn't agree more. didn't sound good to begin with.

8. primenay13

primenay13 Member

Very good review. Although its not THAT bad your right about most points.

9. Avatar33

i like that game, in my opinion a very good game