1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do I have to wade through a sea of games that are un-downloadable?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by jbough88, Aug 7, 2010.

1. jbough88

jbough88 New Member

I appreciate what this website does for fans of old-gen systems, and I realize that there are some companies who get angry when folks get to download their favorite old games for free online, thus they have disallowed this site from providing certain roms. I don't see why those select games that are un-downloadable should be in the list of roms. It would be a huge time saver for everyone who uses this site primarily for acquiring games to be able to look at a list of roms that are only available for download, as opposed to those roms that are not available. I understand that even if a game is not downloadable this site provides info, ratings, comments, screenshots, etc. for those games, which is great, yet, most times people aren't researching games, they're trying to download them. It would help greatly if there were some separation between those games that are un-available and those that are. I don't expect the site to change just because of one guy's inconvenience, but if you are a patron, please concur with me and maybe we, together, will succeed in pushing to streamline the rom search.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I'm thinking...maybe move all the un-downloadable games to a new tab saying "information only" and all the downloadable ones will be up as normal.

It took some time to find some gems that I could still download (like resident evil 3 ps1) but longer than expected.

3. jbough88

jbough88 New Member

That sounds like a great, simple solution.

4. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Only problem is that that means Seph (and other admins) have to change billions of URLs for ROM downloads so they link from and to the "information only" page.

Idunno, though. Maybe they have a bot that could do it. Newgrounds does that kinda stuff with P-Bot all the time (changing poor existing flashes to be blammed, etc.)

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I say your just going to have to deal with it. Seph and Loony have their reasons for not changing it or it would have already been done when the downloads were disabled.

6. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Its easy enough, it just says not downloadable at the side. You can quickly look down the list and see.
    Maybe an option to sort downloadable > not downloadable would be easy?

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Exactly this.
    Seph and Loony will do something. Just be patient.

8. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

They have something planned...

9. Kierantech

Kierantech New Member

I agree. I just looked for 2 Pokemon games, both un-downloadable, and I can't find them anywhere else! I'm not trying to be a lemon on a chocolate bar shelf, but it really should be sorted out. Stat.
    Post Merge: [time]1286555857[/time]
    Stat = now, if you haven't watched Short Circuit or Short Circuit 2.

10. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

there is a little bit at the side that says if a game is downloadable

11. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member