1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why did you guys restrict nintendo based ip games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by billyhatcher643, Jun 13, 2017.

1. i was wondering why the hell you guys restricted the nintendo based games like zelda pokemon metroid smash bros series mario and nights journey of dreams since that game really isnt owned by nintendo

animarelix likes this.
  2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The above mentioned all falls under Nintendo's copyright and trademark, and covers specific titles sold for their platform despite not theirs. With the exception of Nights Journey, the rest you mentioned are Nintendo's fully or in part.

animarelix likes this.
  3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we were told to. we're in no position to argue with copyright holders or their enforcement lawyers.

animarelix likes this.
  4. GoiNoi

GoiNoi New Member

I'm new to this. I saw this post had recent activity. I was in the Transformers Prime the Game and saw that in the comments, some showed their ID and some showed their e-mail. How do I ensure my e-mail won't be shown.

Also, people in the comment section were asking if the Transformers Prime The Game for Wii US ver. File was ok? People were saying it had issues. They were asking admins if they can recover the file.

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

Looking at the game in question, the guy with the exposed email used that as his username for...some reason I can't really fathom a guess on. Your email won't show up like that though.

Don't know anything about the file itself unfortunately. I'll have to defer to somebody who does.

6. Prectorian

1. Those members you saw which has their email address showing instead of a user ID is because they uses it (email address) as their username instead of making a user ID. Your email is not publicly shared, unless you disclose it yourself. They can request for an ID change if they want to, which so far they hadn't.
    2. Wouldn't it be easier and faster for you, if you click on the link yourself and find out if it's restricted/DMCA removed or working fine, instead of hope others test run it for you? Don't get me wrong, it's faster to find out on your own. In any case, from reading their comments, it's not an issue with a damaged archive (.rar/.7z/.zip). If it was restricted, your point credit will not be deducted despite clicking "download". While in most cases, files that fail to extract is caused by the downloading process from the downloader's side. In which case, you have 36 hours (or was it 72 hours - can't recall correctly) to redownload the same file without costing any further point credit deduction.
    3. Your https://forum.romulation.net/threads/transformers-prime-the-game-wii-us.65129/#post-1457537, is posted in the wrong section. Should have been in the General Discussion (this topic here), that section is for sharing files among members.

7. GoiNoi

GoiNoi New Member

Thank You Reiden and Prectorian for the reply! Can I delete that forum somehow? So that I can post it here? It seems there is no activity in that section in the sense of getting at least one reply.
    Can somebody link me to a guide on this point system?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  8. Prectorian

You mean delete that post? You can click on the "Report" below your post in that topic you made, and ask for it to be deleted or moved to an appropriate section. That section where your other post was made is for people sharing their rom/iso copy for everyone to grab. Basically, every section will have an explanation what should or may be posted in it (hover your mouse pointer on the section title and an explanation will pop out). It's to convenient everyone if they are grouped accordingly.

As for the point system, you can find information from : https://www.romulation.org/introduction.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017