1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which Western Comics Company is Better?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Feb 15, 2011.

?

Which of the following is better?

1. Marvel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Image

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dark Horse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Harvey Comics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Post a reply if there is a Comics Company I did not add to the list who you think should be included on the choices.

So, OK, which Western Comics company do you like?

DC - they've been around for so long but one major "insult" Marvel fans throw at them is DC's bland & un-imaginative character names that either uses a color adjective such as Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Blue Beetle etcetera or ones that uses "man/woman" in it like Bat Man, Super Man, Wonder Woman etcetera.

Marvel - as old as DC is but has a wider range of well rounded characters with well thought out names. Also, aside from their bag of Super Hero/Villain characters Marvel also has (or has had) comic books about movies like "Bill & Ted's Excellent Comics".

Image - Though an upstart & was created because of former Marvel artists getting disgruntled at the company's policies, Image has comics & characters that very much rivaled Marvel's domination in the industry.

Dark Horse - my only recollections of Dark Horse was that they were the brains behind cross-over titles like Alien versus Predator & Robocop versus The Terminator.

Harvey Comics - the "only" cutesy Comics comic company in the bunch (yet) whose more popular titles include Casper the Friendly Ghost & Ritchie Rich.

EDIT: Addendum:

I chose Marvel Comics, but I kinda like Harvey Comics' characters too.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Dark Horse had the Alien, Predator, Terminator, Witch Blade...all the good mature series :)

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i guess DC because DC have Kara Zor-El aka Supergirl. but then those bastard at DC did kill her during infinite crisis, on the other hand Marvel have Mayday Paker aka Spidergirl.

but i'm not a comic fans, so i really dont have any favorite company.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I've been hearing a lot of people are getting into Spider Girl, her comic's that good eh?

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well i havnt read much, so i cant tell you much other then she is pretty much a female peter parker, she smart and she make joke in battle like spiderman do most of the time.

and power wise, she is only half as strong as spiderman, she cant stick to the wall very well but she is more flexible then spiderman. also like peter, she use artificial web and occasionally being train by peter once he found out about her power.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I LOVE American Comics!

I love DC and Marvel over the others, though Image has some pretty good ones out like PVP.

The Hulk has to be my favorite comic series. Anything to do with the Hulk to (Marvel if you didn't know).

7. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Thing is, Dark Horse is only a publishing company nowadays. They don't have their own continuity of superpowered characters or the like, instead publishing licensed works (like Alien vs Predator or Blade" as well as creator-owned works like Frank Miller's Sin City.

It changes for me personally, Marvel was crazy good for a while there due to Civil War. I'm digging DC at the moment because of Blackest Night/Brightest Day. And let's be honest here, DC has some damned good heroes.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Bolded part. DC indeed has a lot of well renowned characters like Super Man & Bat Man who a lot of people, young & old are familiar with but you got to admit Marvel has some well known & beloved characters too :)

Fun Fact: When I was younger I actually thought Spider Man was a DC hero LOL!

9. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

What attracted me to Marvel (in the early years) was that most of their heroes were actually human (or raised human, born human, etc.) and thus, had some very real and very complex emotional conflicts within their stories. The drama and turmoil being played out in their heads made most readers, including me, relate more to their stories and attracted me greater than the untouchable and most often infallible DC heroes. The only DC hero I can think of who had a real gripping backstory was Batman.

Although now, it seems that DC is making their heroes more and more complex and reveal sides of them that most readers have never seen before. In the end thouigh, if I really had to choose, it would be Marvel for me. I've grown up with Marvel more than DC, and also since Marvel has the X-Men and Spiderman.

10. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Call me typical, but Marvel. For different reasons.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Still awesome stuff, to be honest I don't buy comics unless it features those characters...

Well there is transformers ones but they seem to vary in publishers, dreamwave wasn't bad but...well it died ;(

12. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

What does DC stand for? ???

13. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

It stands for Detective Comics. It used to be called that until the late '60s or something.

14. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Marvel for life.I love Deadpool the most. ;)

15. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I like Dark Horse, they have good art in them.

16. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

My vote is not on the poll.... Archie Comics.