1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's the Best DS Emulator?

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by KoopaDasher, Oct 22, 2009.

1. KoopaDasher

KoopaDasher New Member

Hey, new to the forums here. I've been trying to find a Nintendo DS Emulator that actually WORKS... I've heard the Desmume emulator is the best, but when I tried it with Scribblenauts, Meteos, and several other games, it doesn't seem to work at all. Nothing ever loads... maybe I am loading the ROMs incorrectly, but the Desmume emulator does not seem to work for me on my PC.

There must be a better emulator out there... anyone feel up to linking me to a better emulator for the Nintendo DS? Or at least telling me how to get my Desmume emulator working?

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Ah yep, No$GBA v2.6a is considered the best NDS emulator out there, and make sure you also have the no$zoomer. Check out the common issues thread to learn how to get them. :D

3. OGTiago

OGTiago Active Member

No cash GBA

Though the sound was never good.

4. JustNothing

JustNothing Member

Just like the others said, No$GBA is the best (SO FAR) the others have only a limit of commercial games or something and there quality is bad.

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

NO$GBA with $Zoomer.

6. mordaki987

mordaki987 Well-Known Member

I'm using winds pro 2.5 myself. It's basically combination of no$gba2.6a, no$zoomer ect. combined. It works well and suits my needs

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

It is over 25MB of emulators...

Why? Exactly?

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes!! it is the best combo!! i don't use emulators on pc except when i don't feel like walking ten feet to get my dsi or psp!! but when i do use them, no$gba does the job well!!

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Heh... I use No$ for GBA games cause I lost my EZ Flash.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

that sucks.....i couldn't play any games when that 1.4U firmware came out at first for the dsi!

i didn't play it for around a month until i found the fix on gbatemp!!

11. marcoose

marcoose Member

hi any body know of a snes emulator that works on a r4 card for nds thanks

12. shinsengumi-0

shinsengumi-0 Active Member

13. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

*DELETED*

14. raptordio

raptordio New Member

DeSmuME 0.9.5, updated some days ago, runs a lot of games without any errors at great speeds on nvidia cards.

15. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

no$gba 2.6a with no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 and a file called firmware.bin

16. pyrite123

pyrite123 New Member

I have a perfectly working NO$GBA 2.6a w/ No$Zoomer, tons of plugins, a couple of patches, etc if anyone would like a copy. I put it in a rar and uploaded it somewhere and I would be willing to share the link if you PM me. No work really required to get it working ;) Played Platinum and the new KH without a single problem (other than so/so sound quality)

17. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

is there any NDS emulator that can link to another NDS emulator, just like VBAlink??

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

19. 709zzy

709zzy Well-Known Member

Desmume svn is better than no$gba 2.6a + no$zoomer currently

20. nugro

nugro New Member

If you have good computer = Desmume otherwise no$gba 2.6a + no$zoomer 2.3.0.2

Main highlight with Desmume is save state and higher compatibility with newer games but require pretty powerful computer compared to no$gba.