1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What happened to the good old Anime's?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Arcwolf09, May 23, 2010.

1. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Its sad to see all these crappy new generic stuff. What happened to shows like Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Big O, Inuyasha etc. Eureka 7 is an exception. Now most anime is bland and stereotypical.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just to name a few of the lame ones, Bleach, Naruto, Boboboboboboboooblebolegoladoo, and some others.

I really love Eureka Seven and The Big O. Anime need more than just people and swords. They need a plot and a deeper meaning.

3. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I was afraid of Naruto lover hate mail.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Naruto...I used to like it, but it just grew old...
    And Bleach...ugh...please get some real artists in there please...and some of the character designs are so generic to me. :p

The real art lies in mechs. Those are some of the most detailed I have ever seen.
    Gundam (something)...for instance, has some of the most well drawn I have ever encountered.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Anime is suiting the newer audience these days, eve some of the newer ones based on older ones are starting to change.

I just want more violent toons thank you.

6. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Gundam Seed was cool and i loved Naruto.....for the first 3 seasons then then it got stale

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes for Gundam and the same for Naruto. I watched it only for Gara though. :)

8. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I kinda liked Full metal Alchemist though it hardly made sense.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

FMA was good until near the end. It just killed the series for me... =\
    I absolutely hated the movie...

The manga was loads better.

DBZ is one of my favorite anime that I ever watched. The Cell saga and Frieza saga are my favorites. Dragonball HAS to be my favorite out of the Dragonball series though. :)

10. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Too much of a good things becomes bad....really bad.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's because people start talking about it ALL THE TIME and kill the anime.
    I used to say "Oh, yeah" at times. Some people started saying it as well and I haven't said it since...T_T..
    That's the same with Naruto and Bleach...wait...they're just annoying. XD

12. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Bleach was good at first to. i liked the concepts but then everything got so....Jrpg like that i just gave up.

13. lcleong

lcleong Well-Known Member

don't watch anime nowadays! thats what i do! ^^

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I found it interesting at first. But I lost interest after not caring about it. I just didn't like it after the 3rd episode. I couldn't stand it.

It has an interesting concept, but it just went down the wrong path...and some of the character designs are uglay. The only one I like is Fisher.

15. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Re: What happened to the good old Anime\'s?

i harldy watch anymore either because of the crap
    Post Merge: [time]1274585902[/time]
    Guardian of the spirit was ok

16. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

There are still plenty of great animes, it's just that , unfortunately, the truly good ones tend not to find mainstream success.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I can't find any anime that suits me except repeats.

Afro Samurai, Vandread, Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and a few others I watch a lot of.

That's good though. :)

Because then people won't kill them!

18. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Samurai champloo was good but confused me with its time loops.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I still need to watch all of it. :p

20. ChiuChan

ChiuChan Member

It depends on which anime you WATCH. Now a days, anime don't run as long. Also, anime has multiple genre. You only named a bunch of Shonen ones; the shonen genre has actually declined; The only shonen manga I've been reading lately is Blazer Drive. And then, for anime, there's Buso Renkin. Durarara!! is a good shonen one, as well.
    It just depends; for horror anime, there's always Red Garden, if you can get past the boring dips for story building, and then there's Angel Beats; it's got a good mix of comedy, slice of life, drama, music and action. And then there's moeblob anime like K-On!!

Anime hasn't really declined, per-se, it's just the anime that's being BROUGHT OVER is somewhat... Generic and bland. YYH was pretty generic itself, as most shonen anime end up being. Nowadays, it's just about visual presentation.