1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What GREAT games do you reccommend ???

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Sparx01, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Sparx01

Sparx01 Member

I've downloaded a bunch of games here in Romulation and I have been thinking, What are GREAT game would you recommend. The games i have now are:
    Apollo Justice
    Big Brain Academy
    Elite Beat Agents
    Hotel Dusk
    Mario Party
    Professor Layton
    FFCC

Anyone know any other great games?

2. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

Classic Games that are replayable and will pass the time when you have nothing to do
    Trauma Center
    Cooking Mama 2
    Mario Kart (if you have friends with DS this is a must)

All advanced wars games are epic! IMO and the battle maps are fun
    Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin

Jump! Ultimate Stars best fighiting game on the DS right now, you have to patch it though to really get into it

*shrug* I'm searching for some good games myself
    Draglade sort of has me interested but to lazy to check it out

3. Sparx01

Sparx01 Member

I'll try cooking Mamma2. i tried advance wars but its a bit weird. I dont wanna download Jump! becuz i dont know how to read jap.lol

4. sla03rs

http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=JUS_Translation

there you go JUS is now translated to english

just follow the instructions

5. Salaskan

Salaskan Member

Cooking Mama is crap, not recommendable when you're over the age of 6.
    Games that I personally enjoyed and highly recommend, aside from the ones you already mentioned, are Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Metroid Prime: Hunters, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Bomberman Land Touch! (1), 42 All-Time Classics, New Super Mario Bros., Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Phoenix Wright 1-3, Mario Kart DS (if you haven't played the N64 version), Super Mario 64 DS (same), Sonic Rush Adventure, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario vs Donkey Kong 2, Planet Puzzle League, Pic Pic, Mario Party DS, Call of Duty 4 (singleplayer), Brothers in Arms DS (singleplayer), and probably many more that I forgot.

6. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

I agree that is a good collection. Those are all my favorite games also.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I'd say Final Fantasy ones, Dungeon Explorer, Super Mario 64 DS, Call Of Duty 4, Metroid Prime Hunters, many more. There's many threads like this :p

8. sla03rs

Cooking Mama is a hit or miss I'm 21, my group of friends is from 16-22 and majority of them that have a DS enjoy cooking mama :| its mindless fun so yeah...

Ninja Gaiden too when it comes out :D
    Puzzle Quest is great
    Majority of the Mario Games are enjoyable too, the only ones I haven't like were basketball and olympics (seriously if a fat plumber can outrun sonic, somethings faulty with the game :D)

Dungeon Explorer got boring for me but its personal taste

9. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Great games ?

Dead Rising for the Xbox360 is a fantastical game....
    As are Call of Duty 4 and Rainbow Six : Vegas....
    Timesplitters 2 remains the all time greatest FPS though....

Zelda games are great....I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass
    AS are pre-Enix Final Fantasy's....of which no.8 is the best in my opinion

Shenmue 1 & 2 ?

Some classic PSX games maybe ?
    Metal Gear Solid...
    Chrono Cross
    Resident Evil 1 & 2
    Tekken 3...
    Vagrant Story..
    Tenchu : Stealth Assassins
    Parappa the Rapper...

Some SNES RPG's ?

Final Fantasy 4, 5 and 6
    Chrono Trigger
    Breath of Fire 1 & 2
    Super Mario RPG
    Earthbound
    Bahamut Lagoon
    Shadowrun (fantastic)

There's countless more....

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

GREAT games?

Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter.......

oh do you mean for NDS?...then................i can only think of Pokemon Diamond or Pearl

11. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I'd recommend
    1. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
    2. Phoenix Wright games, they're sort of the prequel to Apollo Justice
    3. Pokemon! (diamond/pearl)
    4. LoZ : Phantom Hourglass
    5. Yu-Gi-Oh WC 2008 (if you understand the TCG it's fantastic)
    6. FF III

12. Sparx01

Sparx01 Member

Thanks guys ill keep these games in mind and i dont wanna go back to phantom hourglass i deleted my sav file by accident :'( :'( :p

13. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

That happened with my Fire Emblem save. It sucks.

As far as great DS titles go, there are a few that I enjoyed...

Pokemon Pearl/Diamond - It's a Pokemon game. Yeah...
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - It's a Pokemon game...yeah... (sush, I love it~!)
    Advance War: Days of Ruin - The new dark theme is amazing and the gameplay is still as addictive as ever, if a little more focused on WiFi now than the single player experience
    FF III - It's a Final Fantasy game, so there isn't much to say. The story is pretty good, but the class system and coolio MP system are fun
    Trauma Center: Under the Knife - Surgery is awesome, but the difficulty on a select few operations is the only flaw that I can think of
    Mario Kart DS - So far, this seems to be the best entry in the series, only rivaled by the N64 edition
    Castlevania (either) - Both are good, but props go to Dawn of Sorrow. Each one has it's strengths and weaknesses, but DS (See what they did thar?) seems to be a bit better
    Meteos - A mix between Tetris and Nitros, this is a pretty addictive puzzle game. Yeah.
    Elite Beat Agents - Sucks on an emulator, but pwns all on the real thing. An addictive music game and some general Japanese WTFoolery

That's all I can think of at the moment. All other games that I own have a few too many problems to be "great," but these are all pretty good.