1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Can The Xbox 360 Slim do without Xbox Live?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by teheezin, Nov 7, 2010.

1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

The title says it all

2. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

Well anything that it can do without live really.

3. teheezin

teheezin Guest

But like what? Can I still sync movies and songs into the HDD? or something like dat? what are the features? and I'm thinking of getting Kinect together with it, so is Kinect still good without Xbox Live?

4. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

The kinect will be better on the slim because the slim has a special port for it instead of you using a separate power source. Not much has changed though, slimmer, port for kinect and a new place for the hard drive. It has the same functions as a regular 360. Not sure about syncing though, it should still be able to do it without live.

EDIT: You cannot use a regular 360 hard drive though but you can transfer the data over by using a cable that you can buy.

EDIT: It's got built in wifi and it has more usb ports.

5. teheezin

teheezin Guest

What I'm trying to ask is, what are the features available on an Xbox 360 S that doesn't require the internet?

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It can play games.

7. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

It can be a seat warmer.

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

uhm, it can do its main function. play games. and you can listen to music and watch movies if you have them on your hdd

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it can RROD. You just wont know about it.

10. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

ok then

the slim can do what the older 360 can do. now it ready for kinect and has built in wifi. for usb ports. and from what i herd dose not had rrod.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

They removed the red LEDs. So yes, it does not 'have' the rrod. It still fucks up, it just doesnt tell you that its fucked up. The underlying problem that causes it to rrod and stop working is still present.

12. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

well that sucks lol i just got my new slim a few days ago lol

13. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

they included an anti-overheating solution for it: force shutdown when it gets too hot.
    you'll know it's fucked up because of the red power light.

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Don't worry much about your Xbox dying, the newer models have a much lower failure rate than the launch Xboxes or the ones that came out two years after that.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Basically, it can do everything a normal 360 can, regardless of what model 360, without live it CANT do the following.

-Buy games via xboxlive
    -Play online
    -Features exclusive to live such as movie streaming

Im sure net browsing is still possible, it can game and get acheviments but they cant be shared online.

Music and stuff is normal.

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

There's no net browsing and if you're connected online with a free XBL account, you can still chat, download games, and show off achievement.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

But no online gaming?

Interesting.

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The only advantage for the pay option in XBL is the extras like Netflix, ESPN, Last.FM, Facebook, playing online, and earlier access to demos and DLC compared to free users.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

On ps3 side you get all of that except the beta access, the psn plus user's sometimes get that...

Regardless, I see it as a waste

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

If you buy PSN Plus with the intent of buying a lot of PSN content, then it's a deal, otherwise, not really. There is free stuff, but there's more discounts.