1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ogh3, Mar 21, 2012.

1. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I get bored easily, so I always look for new things to read.

So... Tell me what you're reading

I'm currently reading Throne of Fire, by Rick Riordan

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

The child thief and the da vinci code.

Yes I read two books at the same time.

3. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

the Eragon series
    Inheritance

the last book. The movie is complete and utter crap! and im glad they discontinued it, it was soooo bad, the book is epic though

4. athemoe

I've seen the first movie in theaters and it wasn't that bad.

5. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

to kill a mockingbird - harper lee

i wouldn't call the da vinci code a book

6. athemoe

Booklet?

7. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I have inheritance, haven't gotten to read it yet. Probably going to after I finish throne of fire.

Does anyone know if the mortal instruments series is any good?

8. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

The Catcher in the Rye and Game of Thrones.
    They're not bad, but they're certainly not as good as people make them out to be.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The Hunger Games - Finished
    Catching Fire - Finished
    Mockingjay - Near the end

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The Catcher in the Rye was one of my least favorite books that I've ever read. Game of Thrones is absolutely amazing. One of the best fantasy novels I've ever read. Once you hit the end, you'll definitely want to nab A Clash of Kings and keep on reading. I'm waiting on getting my hands on A Storm of Swords at this point. I'm a little sad to be hitting the third book though, since I hear the fourth and fifth are pretty disappointing after how exemplary the first three were.

I'm reading, aw crap, nothing right now. I just finished the book Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk. Despite it being written entirely in Engrish for effect, it was actually a well put together novel. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would when I started it. I'll probably pick up something else by him tomorrow, since I still have who knows how long until I get A Storm of Swords.

11. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

don't finish it. Believe me, you will love the series a lot more if you don't finish it

I finished Throne of Fire and now i am reading Jodi Picoult - Nineteen Minutes

12. Drenas789

Drenas789 Active Member

My book.

13. tuna+egg

tuna+egg Member

Been reading a lot of nonfiction lately on my Kindle, and one that stands out is Hoarders, a book about a disorder wherein people hoard so much stuff (99% of it junk) in their homes that it impedes on their lives. It was well researched and written. Enlightened and fascinated me about this little-known compulsive disorder that has only been thrown in the limelight in recent years.

14. Corriger

Corriger Well-Known Member

Rereading the LOTR trilogy.

15. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Chronicles of ancient darkness.

Great if you like fantasy/ adventure and easy reading

16. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Anthony Horowitz - Evil Star

17. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I've just finished Fever Crumb, and moved onto the sequel, A Web of Air. They're both prequels (set a long time before) to the Mortal Engines series (sometimes known as the hungry cities quadrilogy)
    If you mean Mortal Engines, they're great. The first book is aimed at young adults, but the series really expands. Definitely worth a read, even if you weren't asking about them.

18. athemoe

Still the Da vinci code

19. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

no, that is something else. I'm talking about the City of bones, ashes, glass, and fallen angels.

20. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Re-reading the Grapes of Wrath