1. This forum is in read-only mode.

We don't need humans.

Discussion in 'General News' started by awesomebros, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38957020/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
    Hostage situation where the man asks Discovery to air programs about how humans need to die.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

he sounds like a peta member.

3. awesomebros

Indeed.

This man actually needs his own ideas if he wants to pass off something this crazy... No one's going to jump on this bandwagon.

4. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Humans > animals. Why can't crazy people get this.

5. Loonylion

you might want to rethink that, human behaviour is often far worse than that of animals.

6. King Cookie

I'm not saying specific examples. I know there are horrible humans out there and wonderful animals. I'm just saying as a species in general.

7. Loonylion

as a species in general our behaviour is worse...

8. awesomebros

That's because we are far more advanced. We have a conscience and a society to tell us what's bad and what's good.

9. Loonylion

doesn't work though, does it?

10. awesomebros

I'm saying that animals don't feel as much pressure as us.

Animals don't grow up raised by terrible parents in a bad neighborhood. They go by what's natural.

11. King Cookie

There's more of a purpose in life for humans. Other animals mostly just go off instincts and survive until they can mate, then die. Humans can do terrible things with their life, or can do great things for the world.

12. Loonylion

who said animals don't occasionally do great things?

13. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

The short time humans have been sentient(20,000 years roughly) they have efected the earth more than any other species that has ever existed. In less that 6000 years we have nearly destroyed a planet's entire ecosystem that has been around for 100's of millions of years.

14. King Cookie

Sure, you can link to a dog or parate saving a family from dying in a fire. That's true. But do they try and do that? Or are they just intinctly making noise becuase they're afraid of the fire/smoke?

I never said humans don't have problems. We do. But unless another sentinet species is discovered, I think generally existence of the world is pointless. Why just continually live, mate, and die without anything else?

15. awesomebros

We are more capable and more intelligent than many other animals. I'm sure that dolphins would be more productive if they had more than their mouths to work with.

We are naturally curious. Advancement isn't something you can fight in this situation.

16. Loonylion

yeah, or I can link this:
    [​IMG]

17. awesomebros

Dolphins have saved people from drowning too. That's why we have a constellation for dolphins.

18. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

dolphins are said to have cured people of cancer. They are extremely intelligent and they are second to human intelligence.

19. Loonylion

they're actually believed to be more intelligent in some circles. They're certainly equivalent intelligence.

20. awesomebros

I don't get it.

Have they been able to develop technology?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.