1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WBFS Manager

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DoggyGaming97, Oct 1, 2015.

1. DoggyGaming97

DoggyGaming97 New Member

Hello romulation community, I was wondering if you could add a WBFS download for Wii Roms, it would make it easier for alot of people who are running games on a USB Loader. (If you don't know what WBFS files, they are compressed, they are also Wii Virtual Disk Files that you can run on a Homebrew Wii, a Wii is a Wii Console with the Homebrew Channel) with a WBFS download it could save Homebrew Wii owners a lot of trouble instead of downloading a large ISO file than download a separate program "Wii Backup Manager" to convert and compress the ISO file than transferring the WBFS file they just made to a USB or SD storage device, they could just download the WBFS file than transfer the WBFS file to a USB or SD Device! And it's easy for the romulation team to make these WBFS files, just take the ISO files you made on the Wii and download the program" Wii Backup Manager" than convert the ISO file to a WBFS file, than upload it to romulation. I am not saying to remove ISO, there are still people that want a ISO files. I was thinking there could just be a option to download ISO or WBFS on the download page.

In the meantime here are some way to convert ISO files:

ISO to WBFS:

1. download ISO

2.download a program called "Wii Backup Manager" not allow to give links

3.select Drive 1 and for that Drive select your Internal Hard Drive

4. If you haven't already create a folder on the root called "wbfs" then transfer your ISO file to that folder

5.Click Transfer, than WBFS file, than select where you would like to save the file and give it some time, depending on how big your game is it could take from 2 minutes to 30 minutes

WBFS to ISO:

1.Download a program called "Wii Backup Manager" not allowed to give links

2.open your ISO in Drive 1 (Select hard drive that its on)

3.select transfer ISO file, than select a save location for your ISO and let it convert, it could take anywhere from 2-30 minutes depending on how big your game is.

Anyway hope you add a WBFS feature! Bye

2. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

adding WBFS files would take far too long (and space) for something that might not be used

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

WBFS files cannot be used with dolphin. Our files are ISO for this reason. If people want WBFS files they can convert the ISO themselves. We do not have the disk space to have multiple formats of the same files.

On a side note the servers have no GUI so GUI programs cannot be run.

4. Fiddle132

Fiddle132 Member

Also for them to reformat all the Wii games to WBFS and re-upload would take a long time and we would most likely not be able to get on the site.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's not going to happen. Our Wii collection is 2.5TB in size and even though my connection is far faster than Seph's I still only have 8mbit upload. It would take me over a month to upload that amount with it running flat out 24/7 and there's other people in the house that need to use the connection, plus my computer is off when I'm in bed.