1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Warning!-Fake R4 can Brick your DS!

Discussion in 'General News' started by cjdogger, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I think this is the right place to put this...

Announcement from the R4 Team
    Fake R4 Flashcarts To Brick DS Systems

The R4 Team has recently made an announcement that future fake R4 DS flashcarts will brick your Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite.
    They'll be the programming of the fake R4 DS flashcarts that will brick your DS.
    Original R4 DS flashcarts will work fine and won't damage your DS in any way.
    How they're going to do this, we don't know...

The plan is, if you order an R4 DS flashcart (and it turns out to be fake) it will brick your system.
    You'll need to contact the shop/seller about your problems, and the R4 Team won't take any responsibility.
    A smart move, on their part.

QUOTE(R4 Team Announcement in English)
    Important point:

1. After 15 September, Team R4 will do something for the fake card, original program(firmware) with Fake R4 may damage your DS machine (brick), original R4 will have no problem with this program.
    2. Make sure you have buy a original R4 (see photo below), if you brick your DS with fake R4, please go ask the selling shop and Team R4 will not admitted this liability.

[​IMG]

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

smart move. except now people will have bricked DSs.

another reason why I should never buy an R4. (although R4s are good)

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

This is recent, I have an R4 and it's the shop you have to watch out for because they might be selling the fakes... It's bloody nintendo's fault!

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hehe, I saw this on GBAtemp.net, of course this is recent. For a list of trusted websites that sell original and not fake R4s, see http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33039

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Sucks for those who got the R4 clone instead of the real one, not that I'm not laughing at those who bought it deliberately because it was cheaper though.

6. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

That's tricking people for money, thank God... I got a good choice for my DS.

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I got this from GBATemp but made edited it a bit and removed un-needed parts.
    (I do have the real R4)It's all f**king money related! That's the problem with the world these days!

8. Reemr

Reemr Well-Known Member

I think, and hope, that I have a real R4. If not then I'll be pissed.

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I have the pictures that show's the difference :p

10. anandjones

Yeah, some have specific stickers or pictures on them, with different words, that's how you can tell if it's fake, but now, they put fake R4s inside real R4 packages. Also, the fake R4s tend to have a different logo on the cartridge and different graphics used. I saw this news on GBATemp.net as well.

11. frodo091

frodo091 Member

So wait, is the actual R4 company making these?
    That's the message I've been getting from this.
    Even with cheap "Chinatown knock-offs," this is pretty low.

12. anandjones

No, they're just stating that they won't take any responsibility for the damage from fake R4s.

13. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The new firmware e.g- V1.20 will brick your R4 if it is installed onto a fake... R4 is just protecting their baby (baby=cash) and killing the clone...

14. tomkang

tomkang Member

how can u tell if the cartrige is fake *worried*

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The pictures on my first post show that, there is more comparison but it shows what the real R4 looks like

16. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I went to festival today, I saw the fake R4, then I complained to the manager, he said it won't break your DS.

Delusional....

17. insanecrazy07

you should've taken one of his Nintendo DSs and put the chip in with the new firmware.

if he doesn't let you, then you can conclude something is wrong with it.

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Or... Smash all his fake R4's...

19. Peter Clark

Peter Clark Active Member

I don't know what's with al the hassle, this is what mankind has been doing for ever: destroying to get their money.

20. insanecrazy07

that would be vandalism.

however, having his own product destroy his stock is ironic and much more rewarding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.