1. This forum is in read-only mode.

war, is it necessary??

Discussion in 'Debates' started by ultra, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

post your thoughts on war and where you stand on it [do you support war or you don't].

i believe war is an essential tool for anyone and any creature. there are sometimes impossible resolutions among two or more opposing forces and the only possible way maybe through war. other then the typical reason that you die, i believe that there maybe some good that comes out of war. but i do believe that the reasons for the war should be very justifiable.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I don't think war is necessary, there's no point in them and lots of people are killed and they're just wasting their lives and resources for something stupid. It isn't right to start a war just because of an disagreement.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

War is never necessary. Killing for survival such as predators do is an entirely different ball game. War is the senseless killing of as many of the other side as possible. The only good war is a defensive war.

4. ultra

ultra Guest

can you explain defensive war?

5. monter

monter Guest

war you say ? Lets just say the human race is hopless war is a game to most. To me war is like a puzzle each side wants something and we each put the pieces together in the wrong places.

6. Loonylion

the side thats being attacked.

7. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Without war, you didn't have CoD4 and a bunch of other games...

8. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

War was/is/will be never justified. At least I have never heard of a good reason for war. Correct me if you can

and of course it is absolutly not nescessary.

9. ultra

ultra Guest

lol!!!! the best answer i've seen so far!

some wars are justified and some are not, such as getting independce and rights. there is a gain and lost for going into war.

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

agree, without war, Hideo wont have the idea to make Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Acid for us to enjoy.....

anyway there is alot of lame reason for war, some for survival of the fist (its best to conquer others then for other to conquer us), some for local resouces, some to free from\overthrow lousy leader and some just to gain power to rule, but what ever the reason is, war is shouldnt never be a solution.....but too bad some leader are too stupid to understand this *hintbushhint*

11. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

I think wars also have some advantages and disadvantages that depends our purposes in creating wars......

12. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

But couldn't you justify any conflict as war; political campaigns and such. I guess even this site is warring with those who create NDS games and sell them at such high prices.

I think a better statement would be to say "Isn't killing wrong?"

13. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

often, wars are meant for the good of the common people. For example, a revolution to throw out a dictator...... Only there are some greedy people who thirst for power and thus they become corrupted making it easy for them to start wars for no cause at all.......

14. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

A good reason for war?
    Money
    Land
    Oil

I was born into a war torn country. All I every saw from it was profit. My family wasn't the ones killing every one but those who did kill over it made it very lucrative for my family.
    The only people who complain about war are those who did not profit.
    I personally just hate it when nations start going on there damn "we are helping the world" crap just say it like it is.
    You want there money land and oil.

15. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Another good reason for war.... It keeps the human population down, but it doesn't sound so good does it?

Without war, we would all be like WAY overpopulated right now, we'd be unable to do anyhting about it, because war keeps our population steady, just as animals...and predation, I think it is necessary, and I also do not think it is necessary, so I'm basically neutral, we need war, but we never want to die in war...as a civilian...Its a Win-Lose situation

16. Loonylion

human stupidity is supposed to regulate human population. Evidently it's failing big time.

17. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Religion is one of the most used reasons for war, especially in Azie am i correct?

18. Loonylion

More often than not, religion is an excuse, not a reason

19. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Yeah, your absolutely right, a excuse it is

20. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

Thats because of things like welfare and such we don't let people fail and just die we have to try and help them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.