1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Want to invest in handheld.

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by ChuckZ, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ChuckZ

ChuckZ Member

I was recently considering in investing in a portable gaming system I can play a diverse selection of handheld titles perhaps NDS, N64, GBA, PSP, PS1 or even an app associated handheld such as android or apple. But I'm not sure what to do with I'm definitely looking into hacking the sucker as well as kidding for example the PSP go or NDS with the r4.
    As far as the PSP or NDS
    Is there any possible way to run app games or mobile games on this thing?

Also do Nintendo 64 roms work well on this I also here this is a way to play for psOne games as well as Ps2 games on a hacked PSP...

I want to invest in getting a Handheld gaming system and hacking it to my advantage but I'm not sure what I would be better with, this or buying one of the Nintendo DS models and buying the r4 or hacking chip for it to play free games n stuff.

What do you guys think?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

So....you want to invest in an all-in-one handheld console that can play GBA, NDS, N64, PSX, PS2, PSP, and Android Apps/Apple Apps?
    Because you're able to hack them all?

I think you should first take a look and study all those gaming devices along with devices running Android OS/Apple OS, compare it with the NDS and PSP's specs. Maybe then you can draw conclusion to your above questions.

I can tell you that the PSP can play PSX iso files through CFW, and the NDS can play GBA games through it's slot 2, or slot 1 if you use a Supercard DSTWO.

3. ChuckZ

ChuckZ Member

Well to be honest I am basically looking for a handheld that I can use as a whole and not specifically centric on one specific console type. Whatever that may be. So far I am leaning with the PSP.

But recently I have noticed that android/apple have been releasing some nice Market Games. So I'm not sure if I should just wait for a better phone to use as a my Handheld gaming system.

Also I've never really hacked a NDS or PSP, so I really wouldbt know the benefits of either.

4. Prectorian

You'd just have to prioritize on what games you want to play.
    If you purchase an Android device which is powerful enough, there are some emulators for those games you want to play, though most are very buggy, glitch, and unreliable.

Both NDS and PSP only cover some older gaming genre, not all. I can tell you the NDS spec is below the PSP. If you want to play all of those genre in one device, go for a high end computer. Emulators for those games are better supported via computer. Handheld has limited spec ability to emulate most games except for their own dedicated games.

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Some andoird tablets allow N64 emulation, however if/when there is VITA homebrew N64 migth be emulated

6. ChuckZ

ChuckZ Member

Is the PSP Go Hackable?

7. Prectorian

Yeah....the PSP Go can run CFW, the Vita on the other hand I haven't heard of it been hacked.

8. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

the vita can run psp homebrew using exploits and homebrew loaders, however as far as i know you'll need to get a copy of specific games from the playstation store before it gets patched

9. ChuckZ

ChuckZ Member

What's the best source I can get more knowledge on Exploiting the PSP Go?

I don't even know the difference between Homebrew, CFW, Hacking?

10. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

info on psp hacking http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/

homebrew are user created games and applications.
    cfw is the modification that is used to run said homebrew and game backups

11. ChuckZ

ChuckZ Member

Thanks appreciate the help

12. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

It *was* hacked, but like the WiiU only on PSP/PSX mode

13. ChuckZ

ChuckZ Member

Is this website and/or forums suitable for me if I'm seeking backups of both PSP and PSX games for my PSP Go? Are roms essentially the same thing?

14. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

You can find PSX games here, but not PSP ISOs. There are plenty of PSP ISO websites out there, such as this one.

15. ChuckZ

ChuckZ Member

Have any you guys heard of those JXD hand helds?

16. Prectorian

You mean that Hong Kong based company selling mainland's knock-off devices running android OS + emulators taking the casing design off other products?

I can't say how that company's product fair on the market, since I haven't seen them anywhere in my local electronic stores.
    Nor have I ever own any of those products. I sure don't even plan to acquire any should they are on sales in my country.

17. Nachtholm

Nachtholm Member

If you have the cash....

Open Pandora

Problem solved. It does just about everything mentioned in OP as well as being it's own fully functional little linux computer.