1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Veterans of RomUlation, What are you upto these days?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CoolKill3r, Oct 20, 2015.

1. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Hey there i'm CoolKill3r.
    I've been a member of the RomUlation Community since 2007 and have been participating in allot of flashcard related topic, mainly wood r4.
    I had a big topic on this that i liked helping people on, but since the community on this died off quite allot, and me getting older, i stopped comming to RomUlation in a whole.
    Sometime i still visit, but i haven't really seen anything special or interesting popup in the community.

Nowadays i keep myself online mostly busy with music, i'm very much into Symphonical Japanese Visual Kei Power Metal music, and get very passionated about it. (everyone has their things)
    Other then that its the same old days of working and taking care of my family, its quite allot on my hands but i'll manage ^^

So I've been wondering what everyone from the old community has been upto, if anyone from +/- 5 years ago still exists on this forum:p

Duncan Idaho likes this.
  2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call myself a veteran, but I've had this account for a good while.

I'm still studying at school, about to enter my final year in 2016. Personally, I've been trying to keep myself occupied with work and girls, but it's failing, with school taking over my social life. Suppose that's the fun of it.

-

And nice to see you're back CK3. Been a good while.

3. CoolKill3r

I've been watching here and there once a month :p.
    Also whether or not you are failing, it isn't failing, its learning about your life and making you think differently and more mature.
    Anyways good luck with your education :)

4. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

I still don't know how the fuck you managed to get a child.

5. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

not a member for so long, but been using romulation since 2004ish. still show up to get a couple games every so often, and back to game grinding

S3X, or artificial insemination, depending on the route need to get that fertile egg to divide and multiply into a lifeform we call children. now caring for said child, is a whole different subject altogether.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Seems like they would slap a tag on anything these days.

7. CoolKill3r

A couple of games is good enough : )
    I've completely stopped using any handheld console, last time i did anything was about 2 years ago, playing golden sun/dragon quest IX and other games i wanted to play.

You tell me.

8. sonic_fan_num_1

sonic_fan_num_1 Well-Known Member

Also another member from 2007. From then to now, I have become an elementary school teacher and I couldn't be happier having a job I love going to every day! It truly is one of the best feelings in the world. Also almost gonna reach my 30's. OH MAN!!!

CoolKill3r likes this.
  9. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

I haven't been here (properly) in a long time though I occasionally check on the forums without logging in.

I've finally gotten a permanent job which I somewhat enjoy (sometimes I have nothing to do and there are only so many work-safe websites that don't cause the browser to go nuts) and it seems like the kind of place where one can move up or around. I've also got my own place - I love living on my own but my apartment has some issues...

I sold the majority of my video game collection to gain space and also to pay for furniture. The loss of some titles still stings a little but I hope I can still emulate in the future. There are a lot of great games that I personally love but aren't available in certain digital shops.

I used to visit the IRC channel, fun times, and thinking about it makes me feel old! I was still in school then and got back into Runescape.

10. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Disgusting.

jr42094 likes this.
  11. CoolKill3r

My same reaction to todays modern-age music :)

12. jdstone

jdstone Member

i like to stop by this place around this time of year when i have extra time to play some games with the kid. looking at my point count its been too long! thanks to everyone who keeps this site up and going! my 7 year old is taking piano and wanted to learn drums i cant seem to find a teacher so i got a wii drum kit from the used game store and fixed it up a bit and he will be learning some basics with Beatles rock band. i tried it out today and rocked yellow submarine well for my first time. less then 40 days tell Christmas this is going to be a fun gift! i hear they are working on some wii u home-brew may need to get one this summer. thanks to everyone who makes this site run!

Seph likes this.
  13. CoolKill3r

Good to hear its going oke, :)

14. clintond

clintond Member

I've been a member since 2009, mainly to read up on the DS flashcarts (which I got a lot of good advice) and get ROMs for the kids. Now with cheap Android tablets, even cheaper smart phones & schools wanting kids to have touch screen computers for work (kids are 9 & 13 & both of them have all three), the 3DS only gets a look in when they are in the car. Less prompting for new games over the last couple of years (and unless there is a new 3D compatible flash cart I've not read about yet, kids prefer to pick up 3D ROMs second hand) so I've been visiting less (once a month or less, this is my first visit since the big make-over). I'll keep coming back once & a while, but it will probably drop off more over time until the kids stop playing on their machines. Thanks for the chance to chat, I'll have to keep coming back & see what others are up to.
    Hey Sonic_fan_num_1, I saw 30, 20 years ago (my first hand held were brand new game & watch units!). We all grow up (at least physically ;) ).

sonic_fan_num_1 likes this.
  15. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

I joined Mar 14, 2010, But I had been visiting the forum before then
    I once logged in regularly but now I log in less & less frequently

Now I have finished school & don't play games very often, I still like to keep somewhat up to date on what is going on in the Nintendo hacking community
    but I am active on other forums now (not rom related)

16. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

No idea when I made this account. Probably around 2009-2010 ish

been popping here and there, used to be quite active but definitely not anywhere near that level now

I'm working at fast food while going through college. I'm on my 2nd year of Electrical Engineering and it's going great so far I'm looking forward to a career. I'm almost 20!

I don't game as much as I used to but I occasionally play here and there. Currently working on Fire Emblem Awakening along with Mario and Luigi Dream Team and some other games. I love watching TV and Movies! I still play a lot of sports. I guess that's just about it

17. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

2nd year of university, BSc Computer Science.

Dunno why I decided to show up here today. I like the new layout, it's fancy

18. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Nice. Studying comp sci in Uni was some of my best memories from there. That and the drinking. :D

19. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Oh believe me Cork is not short on pubs

20. darnellconstant

darnellconstant New Member

fire emblem