1. This forum is in read-only mode.

VBA-M [svn 956 MFC]

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 28, 2011.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

VBA-M is currently the widely recognized "spiritual successor" to the original VisualBoyAdvance (VBA) emulator after VBA's original author released the last known 1.8 Beta 0.3 release back in 2005.

This current build of VBA-M still doesn't have full support for GBA WiFi linking but it does fully support Gamelink cable linking by means of multiple emulator instances on a single computer so you can now "trade" things like Pokemon to & from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/LeafGreen &/or FireRed.

This release also fixes emulator related issues with some games like how in VBA 1.7.2 &/or 1.8.03 Lufia the Legend returns would run super slow during dialogue text scripting & fixes the messed up graphics in a few other GBC games like in Alfred Chicken & Hamtaro HamHams Unite! This thing can also run "New Addams Family" perfectly :)

A major down side though is the fact that ALL VBA 1.7.2 & 1.8.03 save data (both SRAM & Savestates) are not compatible with VBA-M, both on this & other older revisions as the two emulators are technically not the same thing.

You can get this latest version (well it's actually a year old already) here:

http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-vba-m-svn-956-mfc-info-and-download

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

are there is a "new" version of VBA call VBA-link that enable multiple VBA to link with each other to emulate link cable?

3. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

You can actually trade, huh? No$GBA will do it with gba games, but I've found it crashes at times. I'm a big fan of the Lufia series, so I will definitely try this out on Legend Returns. I started it out on Basic GameBoy a year ago on a laptop...I couldn't run it fullscreen because it would lag. This is much appreciated.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@Cal: VBA-M is actually a collaborative effort to combine the various "mods" (modified versions) of the original VBA emulator that came out after the release of VBA 1.8 Beta 3.

To quote a passage from the VisualBoyAdvance project page over at ngemu.com:

Source -> http://vba.ngemu.com/

Unfortunately even the forums at ngemu are behind the times with regards to the VBA-M project, hence VBA-M's project page which I posted a link to at top.

VBA-Link is one of those "other versions" of the original VBA Emulator that sprouted some years ago & the VBA-M team did their best to incorporate the Link function to VBA-M's core package. Unfortunately they still have yet to improve the Link function so as to include WiFi linking.

And, it seems there is still no support for the Solar Sensor for the Boktai games, so yeah no$gba has an upper hand at that one ;)

@OnyxKnight_RupenX: You have the VBA-M Team to thank for this one, not me though ;)

5. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

Maybe one of them will happen across this topic.
    If so, Thanks VBA-M team.