1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Touhou Project

Discussion in 'PC' started by crazytuna, Mar 11, 2009.

1. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

So any of you heard/played this game? Cause the game is a 14 game serie, so if anybody played could you recommend one?

2. cjfc.vp

cjfc.vp Well-Known Member

Personally, I think they're all fantastic! My favorite would probably have to be Imperishable night but I like them all, even the PC-98 ones. But I gotta tell you that you just don't get better over night. I mean, you have to be sick to play lunatic mode though.

3. crazytuna

since this site is already "illegal" do you know a place where I could download it? if possible no torrents they always freeze halfway there

4. tuddy

tuddy Member

I enjoy pretty much everything about touhou- The games, the music, the remixes. Heck, I've even read some of Zun's novels based around the universe the games are set in (Gensokyo). The fact the games themselves are 1-man projects is amazing in its own right.

@ crazytuna - when I've got the time, I'll upload my favourites (Touhou 6- The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and Touhou 9 - Phantasmagoria of Flower View) to megaupload for ya. As for the rest of the series, I'll see if somebody else has uploaded 'em.

5. crazytuna

Nice thanks alot and please tell me when you do so

6. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I own Perfect Cherry Blossom, which is like number 9 or something?

Fun stuff. I'm just not as enthusiatic a fan as some.

7. Zhuo_Xing

Zhuo_Xing Well-Known Member

Maybe you should try "Scarlet Weather Rhapsody", "Immaterial And Missing Power", "Shoot The Bullet" and "Phantasmagoria Of Flower View" as they are unique in some way.

Both "Scarlet Weather Rhapsody" and "Immaterial And Missing Power" are the only 2-D fighting games with more than 10 characters to choose from after you completed the game once in any difficulty.

"Shoot The Bullet" is a shooting game where you are to take pictures of the Boss.It's very challenging and hard that I don't have a chance to beat the Bosses.

"Phantasmagoria Of Flower View" is a VS type shooting game.You should try it with someone.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Only played the DS homebrew version :p Fairly fun. The developer I think had to switch to use the 3D GPU since there is a 2D limit of 128 sprites on each graphics engine, whereas the 3D GPU's limit is 1024 I believe (this is for all the blasts and mayhem :p).

9. crazytuna

Yeah I saw it on your site, and downloaded it, it's fun, but nothing close to the real deal :p

10. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

I can only get my hands on Perfect Cherry Blossom and Imperishable Night. And they only got 3 stages >_< Please if anybody knows where to get these games, share with us.

11. crazytuna

12. kamuikurou

Thanks! I'm registering right now. ^^

13. crazytuna

no problem :D
    I'm trying Shoot the Bullet right now, and it's just impossible

14. kamuikurou

Oh, please recommend me games to download, there are no descriptions or even screenshots >_<. Now I'm really confused now.

15. crazytuna

just download them all :D

hmm
    well, I suppose you could start with Perfect Cherry Blossom
    you won't finish it on your first try
    I guarantee that ;)

16. kamuikurou

Yeah, I've tried the 3 levels demo... *opening link*
    It's pretty fun, even though there are only 3 levels *opening mediafire link*
    But I can't even finish those levels without using a cont... WHAT? The real game sized 90MB+ in 4 parts????
    *fainted*
    Nooo... I can't wait to play this but it'll take hours to finish the download >_<

17. crazytuna

haha high speed internet <3
    but it's really worth it
    trust me

18. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Isn't the game hard like feck?

19. crazytuna

haha yes it is

20. omgwut