1. This forum is in read-only mode.

This Site Is Shutting Down?!

Discussion in 'Debates' started by bsarmini, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsarmini

bsarmini Active Member

This site will never come back? :eek: Does anyone know if this site will ever be back up? Please and thank you :)

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

No never, its shutting down permanant as of midnight tonight. UK time.

3. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Has it occurred to you that, were the site indeed down, you would not be able to post this thread?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

NDS roms are never coming back. However, the site is not shutting down.

5. ultra

ultra Guest

oh hell yeah this place is going "six feet under"!
    i noticed many people would say what loony have said
    but it eventually does go down. if you look and remember what seph often says about the site. well you'll notice something and that would be a problem now. so there you go.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's what I was going to point out and the fact that I can access every part of the main site and the forum features that I have permission to. :p

7. Loonylion

Kindly shut up. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

8. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Is this even a debate!? After all it has a definite answer...
    Unless we're thinking from a philosophical perspective.

The site isn't shutting down now... a couple of years from now though; who knows?

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No. It's not a debate. It's more like Site Support or something I would think.

I have been on the net constantly for almost a year and I have never seen a situation like this before in my life. :p
    So, I would have no clue. It's really up to Seph and Loony to declare that.
    I would say that the site isn't going to die any time soon.

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Don't worry. This website won't shut down for a long time.

11. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I remember reading in more than one thread that the admins are going to evolve the site into something other than what it used to be (?). A sort-of social networking site maybe? : /
    Just speculating...

12. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

whatever happened to the unspoken rule of "no one talks about the site getting shut down"?

Just the NDS roms, and from what I have noticed many if not all GBA roms, have been removed from the site

13. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I was wondering that myself, I was thinking(guessing) it would be some sort of game database discussion/rating kind of thing like lemon amiga.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...If the forums stay up and the great community doesn't leave, I'm fine...I don't even really download roms anymore.

Now if we sold second hand ps3 games here I'd be even more active...

Ah ultra...fail...

Maybe in 100 years time when all interest here is gone it'd go, but not now, heck alot of other rom sites hit by the ESA are still up, just not active...or doing much, they have SOME roms, like romU, has SOME roms still...

15. bsarmini

bsarmini Active Member

By what I mean shutting down I mean the roms.

16. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Not 'the roms' are shutting down, only the NDS ROMs are gone, not 'the roms'.

17. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

more than nds.

a lotta pce roms are still up, also obscure games for other obscure consoles. immerse yourself in the obscurity.

18. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

The only fact is that those of the people who just came to this site for NDS roms will be gone. The site itself will receive significantly less tavel now that they have been removed. Luckily they still have other functions besides Nds roms.

19. Loonylion

That is not what you said, therefore people responded to what you said. We can't read minds here. The roms that are gone are not coming back.

20. ultra

ultra Guest

how long will that last?!
    btw, you're getting closer as to why this site will eventually be shut down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.