1. This forum is in read-only mode.

there are people that liked Django?

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Duncan Idaho, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

I think it's an horrible movie, but i am shocked there are people that liked it...

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Okay.

3. Duncan Idaho

meant to put this on rants -__-, stupid chrome slowing down

4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

PM Loony or someone and ask for a topic merge into the mini-rants topic.

5. Duncan Idaho

gonna do that, thanks

6. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

good movie

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I agree, too many niggers in the movie.

8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I actually hate how the black dude wins in the end. Completely unrealistic.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT.

10. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Yes, the good guy wins in the end. Also, Snape killed Dumbledore and Bruce Willis was a ghost all along.

11. Duncan Idaho

lol, my issues werent about black people, from my end the whole movie was a bunch of racism (once the monaga's brothers hegemony stablished on venezuela, which was about 1840-1850 sligthly before the whole civil war americans had i think, the brothers did two thing, remove death penalty/Capital punishment from our laws and slavery, every black man was free and with the same rigths of any other human being)then i had issues with Jamie Foxx role being disminished to nothing except a killer who wanted his chick back, all of his other lins were a "role" he stablished, Leonardo di caprio's role was just awful, incorporating theories that werent made until say 60-80 years later (Ferrí and Carrara any one?, biological criminal?) then the only other character to get a decent characterization goes and acts out of role... leaving a pissed django with a sadism streak, and then in the end he leaves happly ever after with his GF after leaving a huge count of corpses in his wake, this is tarantino's worse film, by far, Kill bill did much better with the characters and at managing the violence, same for the movie where sylar shows up as a good guy and wants to kill nazis (Forgot the name)

Of course i also had issues with it using the ring of the nibelungs and shitting all over the opus magnum of wagner and over the legend..., if the chick wasnt called brunhilde the movie would still being the same, just have the guy speak something different than german

12. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

serious spoilers in your post

13. Duncan Idaho

Yet they are not

14. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Well that was kind of how the south was during the time setting in the movie... They did satirize a lot of it but that would be pretty much how black people would be treated. The fact that he wins in the end is kind of the whole point against racism. I thought the movie was hilarious and epic.

15. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

That was the best fucking movie of 2012. Better than Avengers or Batman

1) it's not intended racism - they're merely trying to accurately represent the times, which is quite accurate, as black people were the majority of slaves because of their physical prowess
    2) TARANTINO

16. If you want good character/plot development, then don't watch Tarantino flicks. His masterpiece was pulp fiction but most people watch his movies for the sex, drugs, and violence.

Try "The Prophecy" 1-3. The plot development is nice, plus you see return characters EVERYWHERE + Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn, LotR) playing as a most devilishly fantastic Satan in #1.

(Yes, "The Prophecy" as in ChristopherchristopherchristopherchristopherWALKEN)