1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Sims 3

Discussion in 'PC' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Anyone here anticipating The Sims 3 besides me?

I just love the new gameplay aspects of this game, the create a SIM system has been updated way too much, so no more SIMs 2 Body Shop required to custom edit skin tones, hair colour etcetera, thank you very much! The personality traits system looks promising because you can now tailor design your idea of a perfect SIM likeness :)

The idea that the SIMs will be more intelligent & will be more independent from you training them to do stuff is also promising, atleast now you can focus more on what you want your SIMs to be. And talk about huge! The game seems to no longer focus on a particular SIM Family & what you do with them on their lot, now every SIM including yours can freely roam the neighborhood as well as the whole town as they (or you) please. With no load time between a seemless map things can get pretty exciting! And I just love them bikes!

The youtube video preview of The SIMs 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzUq4d78ko

And the Wikipedia article of The SIMs 3:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sims_3

My only concern is that my graphics card may not be strong enough to run the game, even on the lowest setting because the visuals seem too vibrant. Oh well, maybe in three years when I upgrade then, ROFL.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's supposed to be in stores already. I'll probably download it and check it out, but judging from past sims games it won't be able to keep my interests for more than an hour or two.

3. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

ive always liekd the sims soo yeah the new one dose look really cool

illl prolly pick it up just cause i always love new comp gamess

4. Seph

Just checked the sims site, release date is in June, but they say Feb in the video =/

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The official release dates were delayed.

I don't particularly like The SIMs games for the length life goals you need to finish to win (if at all you win in these kinds of games) the game, I just love the idea of playing with SIMs' virtual lives & making them do "odd" things like having a lady & man SIM marry then later making the guy cheat on her wife. Then later on making the Lady SIM fight with her husband in front of the kids, with the kids cheering their mom on. Or, making a kid SIM harass its elders with the parents encouraging the kid to continue his bad deeds until the elder breaks out in tears.

Oh & yeah it's cool that atleast in The SIMs 2, you could get a same sex couple get married something that should appeal with the homosexual community. I just hope that that carries over to this next one ;)

6. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

lol yeah i loe being as plyer in the game and justt ceatign on the wifes or like just killign the sims is fun haha

7. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

the sims 3 system requirements

CPU -Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent |2.0GHz (XP) |2.4GHz (Vista)

Memory -1 GB (XP) | 1.5GB (Vista)

Hard Drive Space 6.5GB of free space and 1GB for additional content

Graphics Hardware -DirectX 9.0c compliant card with 128 MB RAM (NVIDIA FX 5900/ATI 9500 or better) and support for Pixel Shader 2.0

Sound Hardware -100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card

i think i can get this cause ill buy a new graphics card
    but whats the memory thingie? the 1gb for xp and 1.5 for vista what is that and what can i do to know whats mine?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

memory is RAM, and to check it, simply right click on 'my computer' (either on the desktop or in the start menu) and choose 'properties'. The bottom line on the system properties general page tells you how much RAM you have.

9. bhatooth

aww 224 ram so i cant run the game or is there a thing i could do to upgrade it?

10. Seph

224 RAM? Ram comes in sticks which are powers of 2, 128mb, 256, 512 etc. You cannot get 224 MB RAM...

11. bhatooth

thats what it says heres a picture
    [​IMG]

edit:1st picture small

12. Loonylion

128 + 64 + 32 = 224

13. Seph

Yeah, but you can barely even buy 128MB sticks any longer, the mere notion that ANYONE is using a 64MB stick, let a lone a 32MB is just insane. But I suppose there will *always* be someone...

Bhatooth: If you go buy a 2GB stick and use that instead you'll see a huge performance increase on your day to day usage.

14. bhatooth

and whats a 2gb stick? not trying to sound stupid

15. Loonylion

you can't get 2GB SDRAM sticks, and I wouldn't be spending money on 1GB sticks when the computer may not even be able to address sticks that size. I'd go for 2-3 512MB sticks.

A 'stick' is IT slang for a memory (RAM) module.

16. bhatooth

so they are the ones who is inserted at the blue slots?
    hey should i start a new topic about this we are getting way off topic

17. Loonylion

yes, start a new topic in computers/modding

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Okay I've been waiting for you (loony) to log onto this thread, but un-fortunately the thread got side tracked.

Anyway, will my nVidia INNO3D GeForce FX5500 card be able to run the game atleast on the lowest settings, referring to the NVIDIA FX 5900 graphics card requirement? I'm guessing no though. Other than this, I have sufficient RAM, an adequate Processor & Hard drive space.

Reply to loony's post below:

Oh well maybe in two years then ;D

19. Loonylion

it might, but barely if it does.

20. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

Only 9 days, 4 hours and 51 minutes..