1. This forum is in read-only mode.

THE BEST FINAL FANTASY (ALL INCLUDED)+ A discussion/Debate about a perfect FF

Discussion in 'Debates' started by allkratos, Jan 6, 2010.

1. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Well, I expect this will ignite a huge flame between fanboys and haters.
    YES, I want to ask, what is the best FINAL FANTASY games ranking from 10 to 1?
    This includes all FFs, including Tactics, remakes and the MMOs.

If you can,please give reasons for the number 1 game why it is the best. Even better, give the reasons for every spots(what you like and dont like). Write as simple as possible.
    You can even rant about any game from the main series. The rant can be as long as you can write...

For me, FF6 (large cast of playable characters,epic story,classic villain KEFKA, 2 worlds-balance and ruins, the only FF where the villain actually managed to ravage the world, IMHO the best music of the series, and has some very fun characters to play-gameplaywise SETZER,GOGO,RELM and of course SABIN,not to mention that the FIXED DICE kiss ass) ;)

The real discussion/debate in this topic is: What does it take to create the perfect Final Fantasy?

Don't told back what's in your mind.
    Let it out, share, debate.

2. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Re: THE BEST FINAL FANTASY

I was there from day one. Still have my NES Final Fantasy cart. They all have a place with me, as some of them saw me through bad spots in my life. But, to be less vague, Final Fantasy IV(our II) sits atop, in my humble opinion. By the way, try posting this in the gamers lounge, you might get more of a response. Some people steer clear of the debate section. 8)

Also, there is a rant section. Debates are more formal, so keep it civil please.

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

At first I was like
    [​IMG]

But then I was like
    [​IMG]

4. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

1 - FF10 (It had a really good story between Tidus and Yuna, and the customisability was simply outstanding, if not a little linear for a lone time.)
    2 - FF7 (It was alright, excellent story line.)
    3 - FF12 (It was alright, but a pain in the arse. It sucks being a completionist and wanting to complete the game with every piece of equipment in your inventory.)
    4 - FF2 (Epic customisation on this game.)
    5 - FF3 (I liked the leveling up the job system on this. As well as the onion knight which was simply overpowered.)
    6 - FF8 (I like the customisation in this, great story.)
    7 - FF4 (It was alright, I prefer the GBA version though.)
    8 - FF9 (This always seemed a bit slow to me...)
    9 - FF1 (While being Final Fantasy 1, it seemed formidably lacking to me...)
    10 - FF5 & 6 (I never got to play them...)

5. dahakadaevas

dahakadaevas New Member

huge fan of all the final fantasy's and there off shoots like the tactics... but #1 has to be 7. Mainly because there's never been a more emotionally involved story. we can only hope 13 is all it should be. (still waiting for 14)

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I'm gonna vote #1 for FF X.
    It has a pretty good and touching story for me, and after all that hardships not everything is right in the end.
    X-2 sure shows another side of the game though, pretty cheerful. ::)

The 2nd best for me is FF IX, dunno why I just like FF IX ::)

7. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

can i vote for crisis core, i really don't like the main series of FF. when will this game end, it's always final lol

8. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

I would have to say that FF VIII and IX just caught my attention. Althou I haven't finished the VIII cuz of the UBER-STRONG bosses at the end, I enjoyed the storyline and the gameplay of both. Also the 4 interests me. I have the GBA emulator on my phone and I finished most final fantasy games on it. I finished 1 , 2 , 3 , 5 and 6 is in the process. And I still love and finished 2 times FFTA. It's not an outcast , it's an awesome game. I hope to play the DS version soon. Also Crisis Core was EXELENT and cool. I cried when Zack died. *sigh*

9. allkratos

of course you can state it on your post...yeah you are right,when will we see the final final fantasy.otherwise they should change name to ETERNAL FANTASY.

10. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I liked Crisis Core too. :)

And I also liked Dissidia.

11. tranceman01

tranceman01 Active Member

the story behind the name final fantasy is that when the makers of final fantasy were making games they were struggling (back before ff1) so before going bankrupt they mustered all their courage and money and made one final fantasy game before fading into the shadows never to be heard from again or to come out in a blazing glory. luckily they made it and so they continued to call their games final fantasy and now the game is meant as a one shot story with a set of characters and you wont see them again. (which is why FFx-2 was a travesty in many fan's eyes because it was a sequel and we weren't supposed to see those characters again regardless of how good it was) making it the Final Fantasy with those characters.

12. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

10 FF II- First to have playable characters die, get it straight FF VII fanboys
    9 FF VII- So low, how shocking!
    8 FF III- I hate having to be a midget or a frog
    7 FF V- Bartz=Butz
    6 FF I- Alpha and Omega 'nough said
    5 FF X- Stupid magic drove it down
    4 FF IX- Chocobo Treasure Hunt!
    3 FF IV- Ahh, Cecil. Stupid Kain stole the show, though
    2 FF VIII- BEST SUMMONS EVER
    1 FF VI- Nothing beats Celes' Opera perfomance, NOTHING.
    FFXII wasn't in the list because I decided to exclude it so i could fit all the others in. It would be around 3 or 4 if it was included.

13. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

FF 7 - 1
    FF 10 - 2
    FF4 - 3
    FF3 - 4

14. jonkswa

jonkswa Well-Known Member

ff7=win (numbah 1 for me :D )

15. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

It's tough to pick a fav they all got there ups and downs and there's also other veiws...i did happen to like ff4, ff6, ff7, ff8, ff10, ff12, ffcc, ffdissidia and all the tactics......havn't played ff1,ff2,ff3 and ff5

i also think all of ff13 is going to be mind blowing an may give me a fav...

16. allkratos

Sadly, most impressions of the Jap Version suggest that it is one of the weaker title in the series...

17. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Well at least if that were true then most FF fanboys would have another one to pick on instead of VIII, but it would also mean a bad start for 360 and PS3 FFs. Maybe Versus XIII will be better unfortunately I don't own a PS3 so will be stuck playing the weaker one. If it is true.

18. allkratos

I heard it is insanely linear-more or less like FFX
    Post Merge: [time]1263509491[/time]
    Why don't you guys go to You Tube and search for FF XIII japanese walkthrough to get see the structure of the game...
    (spoiler:at the end two of the playable characters will 'die')
    (strongest eidolon a.k.a summon is one of the game principle subject-Ragnarok)
    (there is no overworld as far as i've seen.However,the will be an open area similar to the Calm Land in FFX at about the same playtime)
    (vanille and fang are from the same tribe and both are the oldest characters in the party)

19. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

there's nothing bad about what you said in the spoilers...i don't see it affecting how the game will rate

20. Mateus M.

Mateus M. Active Member

I think Final Fantasy X is the best,because of the good history,cool gameplay,nice battle system,
    good voices,...
    Well I like ALL Final Fantasys but I think X wins XD