1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tetris DS Speed Modifier Request

Discussion in 'Cheats & Hints' started by xirtamehtsitahw, Apr 27, 2015.

1. I know that level modifiers exist for this game, but there doesn't seem to be an actual SPEED modifier. I would like to be able to play at level 20, but with level 1's speed. I've already poked around in the game's code, around the level modifier address, but there doesn't seem to be an actual speed address nearby (AFAIK). And besides, I'm not sure if this game follows older games' tendency to increase speed by simply decreasing the number of frames it takes for a block to descend one row, or if the speed address has a value which increases as the levels increase.

BTW, if anyone decides to accept this request, the code needs to be in AR format, and for the NTSC version of Tetris DS.

Thanks in advance. ;)

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

obviously you never have played tetris. and to answer you question, no its not an AR. sorry but i dont think any tetris has that function.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the level affects the speed, nothing else. if you want level 1 speed play level 1, if you want level 20 then you have to play at level 20 speed.

4. Blazemax

And obvious you have not played tetris either. as the game progress, you level up and the speed keeps going faster, why he is having trouble. There is no tetris game or cheat that prevents this. it is why it is tetris.

5. Loonylion

I have tetris, it was the first computer game I ever owned.

6. I'm not having trouble with Tetris DS. I actually find the game fairly easy. I simply want help finding the actual speed address on a purely educational/informational basis. Plus, I would like to be able to use that code to do "speed runs" and try to cap the score.

In addition, I would like to eventually discover how to remove the score cap, like I did to NES Tetris. If you wish to see what the score-cap removal code is, go to GameHacking.org, and visit my hacker thread (Xirtamehtsitahw's CWCheat Code Thread).

I (usually) don't hack codes because I'm having difficulty with a game. I hack them because I CAN. That's how I found some rather bizarre codes for NES, SNES, GBA, Genesis, N64, and homebrew games...on a PSP, using TempAR.

I find codes no one else thinks to look for, because I can think so far outside the box that I sometimes forget where the box is, or what it even looks like.

7. Loonylion

it's a hollow cube made of plastic or cardboard, for storing items in, but that's not important now.

couldn't resist :p

8. "it's a hollow cube made of plastic or cardboard, for storing items in, but that's not important now.

couldn't resist :p"

ROFL Absolutely hilarious! ;D

BTW, you said the box is a hollow cube made of plastic or cardboard. What color is it? LOL

Don't mind me, just trolling myself...heh heh. ;)

9. Blazemax

technically a "gamebox" isnt a cube, its a rectangual cubiod. a cube is a 3d object with all right angles and equal sides on all 6 sides. the cubiod is same, but some sides are not equal. this is what you learn in geometry class children.

now for your inquirement, i recommend asking on a hacking forum. they would have better knowledge of what you are looking for.

10. I've already done so, and am currently awaiting an answer. It may take a while, because DS hacking has slowed down significantly in favor of the burgeoning 3DS hacking scene. Not entirely abandoning hope however...;)

11. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

That's right! Just very sllllooooooww.... for hacking DS games, because some hacker was stop it for some education, continue live anyway, going job at somewhere, maybe dead after accident etc..... OR just waiting for hacking 3DS right now, because 3DS internal RAW codes is now available, thanks to KazoWAR (or other peoples) for making the tools to make codes for 3DS! For myself, just enjoying some DS games and make codes OR enjoy playing other games, likes DOOM! Maybe, I better stop playing or making codes for DS games to continues lives forever....

For yourself, xirtamehtsitahw, is time for you becomes next hacker just learning AR codes from beginning. Just visit Kodewerx here...

http://doc.kodewerx.org/index.html

OR visit GameHacking here....

http://gamehacking.org/library

for step by step how to make codes with nice tutorial included! Enjoy hacking games!;D

12. Blazemax

Slow hacking? you do know they are still hacking NES games, and alot of games from yesteryears. Not all games are created equally and alot of them can be unhackable....and thats coming from the experts.

13. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I'm sure there are lots of 'cheaters' out there still hoping for your next USRCHEAT.DAT update, especially since the DS-Scene Rom Tool is dead. ;)

It's a real shame KazoWar left us for another site to host his work. Didn't realize he's still active hacking games.

14. Tetris DS already has over 40 codes for it (at least on GameHacking.org), but they mostly deal with either editing your current/next block, maxing out the score or lines count, or changing what level you start on. They don't have an actual speed-modifier code. What's strange is I seem to remember having found an actual speed-modifier code for Tetris DS some time ago (entirely by accident), but I can't remember where on Earth that address is located in the game's memory.