1. This forum is in read-only mode.

swine flu, possible outbreak in the future or just hype of the time?

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090428/ap_on_re_us/us_swine_flu_pork_backlash;_ylt=AhKZ2VB7uhCgzZupCNVvtEKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTJzcjJpdm9tBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwNDI4L3VzX3N3aW5lX2ZsdV9wb3JrX2JhY2tsYXNoBGNwb3MDNwRwb3MDMTYEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDZmFybWVyc3dvcnJ5

it isn't from pigs. so don't blame the piggies as i like to eat them myself. oink oink!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090428/ap_on_he_me/med_swine_flu;_ylt=AuVXV7qks6NK7d9CRko4iB6s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTJldjgzMmJuBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwNDI4L21lZF9zd2luZV9mbHUEY3BvcwMxBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA3VzZmx1ZGVhdGhzcw--

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090428/ap_on_re_us/us_swine_flu_cdc;_ylt=AuLdRfmvEw3viY_q7JHQjbVvzwcF

the swine flu problem in the USA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090428/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_swine_flu_the_mask;_ylt=AiCB3V0nYG3qmqnuA9L8yHSs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFodGdrZHVlBHBvcwMxNQRzZWMDYWNjb3JkaW9uX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNtZXhpY2Fuc3B1dGY-

does the mask trick work?

2. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

i heard eating infected animals won't transmitt the disease.

3. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

The mask trick is only to cover, if you re infected you won't infect others

4. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

Don't eat me if I am a pig! lol. Another bactiriae. In my country (Last 2 months to be exact) we had similar cases of unknown bacteria (for pigs) like the ebola reston virus which was unknown to the WHO, They immediately (WHO scientists) came to isolate the people(who have been infected by the unknown virus) and killed the little piggies( yeah, pork sales was affected), to ensure our safety. I mean that Mexico shoud'nt be infected by that comparing to the third world country (and an archipelago too) where I live, wherein the infection count does not go up by three and it stops at that number.

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Just had some sort of big scare here in NZ too, 2 or 4 cases and a possible 10 cases I think I remember. Either way its all very misinformed and over hyped, im pretty sure I even heard our news station telling people not to eat pork.

From what ive read 'swine flu' is a hyrbrid of pig,bird and human flu, which can not be passed on by eating pork, and may not have even started with pigs.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

We aren't taking it seriously here. We are currently on 'Yellow' alert.

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Last update was 11 Confirmed, 43 Suspected with 0 deaths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak

8. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

13 cases in California where I live, not a big deal, for me atleast. But my friends just went to Mexico trip and are forced to stay in the house. I wonder how they are doing, because their parents are freaked out as hell.

9. Patton

Patton Guest

It's the bloody Mexicans!!! :eek:

Seriously, with how unsanitary Mexico is, and how populated the metro areas are, this was bound to happen.

I travel a lot, lets hope the airports don't get infected. =/

10. crazytuna

Come to Canada and you'll be safe

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Erm not!! :p

I just heard it on the news!

The World Health Organization has just raised Swine Flu's alert level to 5!

And there seems to be some reports of cases in Canada, The UK, Austria, China & in New Zealand!

HOLY SHIT DUDES!!!

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Won't you come into my parlour? said the spider to the fly...

13. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

This is gonna end up the same way the avian flu and even sars did, it wont ever really go away, but people will stop freaking out about it... or it could end up like the influenza pandemic in the early 1900's

14. xkoolguy90x

xkoolguy90x Well-Known Member

the bloody virus has went into phase 6 so its a global epidemic.

may i recommend everyone invest in stocks, spend your money like hell, go to various entertainment places (whatever "entertainment" means to you) and have yer'self a blast.

thats if the world will start to end. who knows.

15. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

well according to the history channel (which has recently stopped showing anything involving history) seems to believe the world is about to end

16. xkoolguy90x

xkoolguy90x Well-Known Member

ah yes the end of humanity and how it shall look. if you want to see it, watch I Am Legend. it has vampires/zombies themes in it. vampires because the creatures are afraid of light. zombies because they are carnivors.

oh and loonylion, i love that poem. 1 of my favourites.

17. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I do, it won't. Jesus Christ people, this shit is treatable. It's not the black death. (even though we can treat that as well)
    Common flu medicine here can treat it. You should be scared if you:

A) You are old and weak so that your immune system has degenerated.
    B) Very young so that your immune system is not fully developed yet.
    C) Do not have access to treatment.

As for C, the people who died in Mexico are, as far as I understand, poor people who live in unsanitary places and haven't got access to medicine. Mexico isn't exactly one of the riches places in the world so people doesn't always get treated when they're ill.

If you're from the US, Canada, Europe, China or somewhere else even remotely civilized chances are you will get treatment should you be so unlucky to get infected.

Stop freaking out or I'll have to come slap some sense into you.

18. ultra

ultra Guest

i think that's the one thing that the news has misinformed, that the people who died simply didn't die from the disease but because of social and political reasons. often the news mentions that 100+ mexicans have died from the disease but they never really mentioned the state of which rather they obtain proper medical treatment or if they could have obtain medical treatment.

so this could all be hype like what happened here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg3aGq50sR0

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there has actually been one death in the US. It was a kid I think.

20. crazytuna

You'll come to Canada? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.