1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Suitable Colors for Wedding Gift?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Lephantome92, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

So one of my friends from college invited me to her wedding, and since I'd like to go, I'm deciding on a good wedding present. Right now, I'm thinking of making the Japanese 1001 cranes as a symbol of a wish for a long, healthy marriage. The thing is, I'm not entirely sure what color scheme to go for. Right now, I'm thinking about making it with a full rainbow of colors that are somewhat muted (http://amzn.to/1tNgdda), but I'm not sure if I should do it in gold instead, or if it's just a tacky idea. Any thoughts?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it depends on what nationality/culture she belongs to. Colours can have very different meanings in different cultures

3. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

both are from america, so unless i just didn't get a notice about a culture change, there really shouldn't be a cultural aversion to color. I'm just curious as to if a metallic rainbow would be good for a wedding, or just like stick with plain silver/gold. i've only been to like one wedding (yeah, seriously), and i don't follow any wedding sites

EDIT: crud, unless it's just me, it seems like this was sarcastic. sadly, i can't think of a way that i can word it clearly and not accidentally sound sarcastic. i'm really sorry if it did sound sarcastic

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

white is a common wedding colour in the western world, particularly for religious (i.e church) weddings.