1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Star Ocean 4 The Last Hope Issue

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by rpgirl, Mar 27, 2010.

1. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

As you can see, I am a big fan of Star Ocean Series, that's one of the many reasons why I bought an XBox 360. I don't have a LCD tv to go with it though and I was wondering why Star Ocean 4 dialogues, sceneries and graphics look insanely difficult to see. The surroundings and colours make it hard for me to spot treasures and the camera is horrible as they don't have any inverted or changes that can be done.

Is it because of my square old tv that projects such graphics and will it make any difference on an LCD tv?? I mean has anyone played this using LCD tv without having the same problem as me because I am quite disappointed and it somehow hampers me from playing my favourite RPG properly. :( I do want to get an LCD tv but right now, I am saving money for that. Should I postone playing this game until I get one or even if I did get the right tv, it will still not change a thing?

Would really appreciate if someone can shed some light on this issue. Thanks! :)

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Are you using an SD TV?

This happens with some 360 games on Standard Definition TV's.

3. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

My brother has this on the Playstation and he plays it fine on HDMI input on a Sony Bravia LCD. Try it on a new TV perhaps?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, many of the games are hard to read on Standard Definition. This is especially true in RPGs where lots of info is displayed on the screen. Like Last Remnant and Star Ocean.

You have a High Definition console now. You will need to invest in a TV that can handle 720p. Pricey yes, but you'll need it to play these games effectively.

5. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I guess I better leave Star Ocean and The Last Remnant alone till I get a new tv, oh darn it, what other rpgs can I play while waiting for a new tv? Any rpgs that are easier to read on an old tv?? I have played Tales of Vesperia, it was very nice, how about Infinite Undiscovery? Can I play that on my standard tv? Thanks!

6. Reider

Reider Modereider

Infinite Undiscovery has the same issue. I daresay it was even worse on that one really.

The only game I know of right now that is bearable to read on an SDTV is Resonance of Fate unfortunately.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I played Lost Odyssey for a while on Standard Definition. It wasn't too bad, but HD was much better.

8. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

How about Dragon Age Origins? And does the HDMI makes much differences? I mean if I used an LCD tv without the HDMI cable, will the pictures be less attractive??

9. z3o_z3n

z3o_z3n Member

ahahaha same here im saving up for a new tv 2 T_T so for now the game is postponed