1. This forum is in read-only mode.

So i got a component video wire for my Wii

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Duncan Idaho, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

and the stuff looks Amazing, the picture actually is clearer now (wii is in HD mode BTW) and despite i know the Wiii cant ouput to high HD IE 1080, it's still fantastic looking quality, i wonder if the PS2 will have similar clarity.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: So i got a composite video wire for my Wii

what were you using before? an RF adaptor?

3. Duncan Idaho

the standard cables, the red white yellow set, and it wasnt easy finding this set, i was being offered by 450 one that is for wii/360/PS2

4. Loonylion

red/white/yellow IS composite.

5. Duncan Idaho

crap i mixed the names, i meant component, green, blue, two red and one white

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Not that there's many games the Wii can benefit from 480p...

7. Duncan Idaho

True, still some of the games i play like fire emblem, madworld, Xenoblade, Pandora's tower and TLA do look better (aside those last 3 were meant to be on HD)

8. insanecrazy07

Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story are probably your best bets for utilizing every ounce of graphical capability the console has. And the Super Mario Galaxy series. Other than that, there's really not many that push the console to its limits.

Meanwhile, I'm playing Borderlands 2, which isn't meant to be graphically amazing and even that blows most of the Wii's games out of the water as far as graphical capability and aesthetics go.

9. Duncan Idaho

I know, i know, but i am optimizing my video set up, so i gotta get double end component wires (assuming those exist) so i can connect them from my directv to my HD TV (i know there is an HD directv but directv is not offering a discount to my uncle on that one, i cant go onto specifics) and get the same wires for the PS2 and connect them to the HD TV, and if i could get something like this http://www.amazon.com/3-Way-Audio-Switch-Selector-Splitter-XBOX360/dp/B004T8KZCM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1358200051&sr=8-5&keywords=Component+switch+switcher but for component

10. insanecrazy07

Orrrrrrrr just run an HDMI cable (or separate inferior component cable) for your TV service and run a multi-ended component cable (one that has Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft ends) for your systems. (Still cheaper than the Nintendo component cable)

None of that splitting crap required.

Or you can just run a component for the Wii and HDMI for everything else.

11. Loonylion

never knew consoles supported component output. Not that it matters these days since HDMI has superseded it.

12. Duncan Idaho

the wii component is cheaper here than the other, 120 bucks (around 30$) vs 250 (42,5$ aprox) bucks that has a wire i wont be using any time soon (360), my only HDMI cable is for the blue ray i have and the directv i have doesnt has now that i notice component nor HDMI slots

13. insanecrazy07

They did for a short while. Even the really old 360s had just component output, not HDMI. I believe the PS2 was able to output with components as well.

Okay so for an $12.50, you have component output for all 3 consoles, not to mention previous consoles like PS2, Gamecube, etc. for a measly $12.50. That's pretty much chump change right there. Not to mention that the cost of getting ANOTHER cable would be more than $12.50 per brand of console.

Quit being cheap and pay the extra $12.50.

14. Duncan Idaho

it is *not* 12.50, it's 130 extra bucks, i made a conversion of my currency to dollars, and it's for PS2, wii and 360 *not* GC, plus i am searching for a cheaper place since the folks that sell it do it at over price, despite buying with legal dollars, they sell as if they had bougth the stuff with black dollars (official dollar 4,30 bolívares per dollar, black/illegal dollar 17,50 bolívares per dollar), the cables i bougth were trying to be sold to me for 240 bolívares until i stumbled onto a nice place that sells them for 120 bolívares.

plus i am rather limited on cash atm, and i still need to buy the extra memcard that has the same price as of those cables.

15. insanecrazy07

I was using your parenthesis values, which the difference is 12.5. Regardless, the end piece for Nintendo is the same through all of their large systems dating back to SNES. So yes, that piece will fit the GC, as well as the N64 (use composite), and SNES. Either way, it will cost you less money in the long run to get the all-in-one component cables rather than get two or three different component cables.

And what the hell is this shit for legal dollars and illegal dollars? Are we dealing in Eridium now?

16. Duncan Idaho

i will probably buy them once i go to the center of the city, prices tend to be MUCH lower there than in well, everywhere else, except maybe a couple of states that double as a port and since it's free port prices dramatically lower down.

in my country there is an institution that controls how many dollars one can get, 400$ yearly per credit card (IE you have 3 CC's you opt for 1200$) and you can deposit them on your account, some morons couldnt wait or couldnt be bothered of depositing and made a quick scheme to get rich, they started to sell the dollars, at double the rate of the original (4,30 became on the black market 8,60) and it has been inflating ever since, usually any seller will buy their products with the 4,30 dollar (PS2 40$*4,30=160 boívares more or less, however merchants are selling the thing as if they had purchased it with the 17,50 dollar, which is 700 bolívares, still cheap, until they inflate that price to get 500% their earnings back, 700*5=3500 ----> current PS2 price, the console was year and a half ago on 1200)
    Post Merge: [time]1358207021[/time]
    People tend to report the stores but the owners dont give a fuck and they start inflanting even more the prices

17. insanecrazy07

This sounds like borderline enslavement...

Either way, I've spelled out your options. Follow my advice or don't.

18. Duncan Idaho

hence why i said i will probably buy it once i get some cash to spare, what annoys me is that things that costs 3$ the merchants make it seem like they cost 10.000 bolívares, i need to replace the DS lite screens, "i will charge you 50.000 for that, get a new DS lite, cheaper see?" of course if the government tries to punish the merchants the rigth wings pops up screaming "YOU ARE KILLING FREE MARKET" "YOU SON OF WHORES AND BITCHES STOP MISTREATING MERCHANTS" (believe it or not that has been screamed in live tv in kids TV time [from 1 pm to 9 pm] to say the least that has not happened once.

19. insanecrazy07

You can have our liberals if you want...
    Especially Piers Morgan.

20. Duncan Idaho

the left wing party is the dominant party, who tries to do a lot of good stuff and then the rigth wing comes and steals many of the resources, escapes to the US and screams "i am a politic victim" only that they arent, they are being chased for fraud, corruption, scam, fund divertion, several charges on murder, kindnapping, some even have pedophilia among their accusations, and the Us refuses to extradite them, so if the law system tries to make a move it gets locked up thanks to that nifty agreement the rigth wing has with the US which dont help the situation.

Ur Example is carmona estanga, fella got convincted of being a prisioner in his own house for 30 years, he escaped to colombia saying he was applying for being a political refugee, if the law dint put as a limit of 30 years tops he probably would gotten somewhere close of 500 years of sentence, given he tried to kill the president, disregarded and disolved the constitution and the ways to get the presidency (Oath while being in the National assembly or oath while being in prescense of the supreme court) so estanga took an oath in our equivalent of the white house, sent to kill all the left wing, and any citizen that shared the left wing tendencies, he was accused for every avaible felony.

when that subdued CADIVI was established and the $ were handed after 100 pages of papers