1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Site Slowness

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Seph, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We're aware of the problem and we will be doing some database maintenance in order to speed up the site, this means we will be deleting members soon. All members with 0 posts who haven't been logged in for 6 months will go bye bye.

While we do this maintenance the server might lag even further since doing calculations on 320,000 users can be quite a strain on the server.

There we go, 110,000 members deleted. Hopefully this should increase the database seek speed somewhat.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

So that's why loading RomUlation has been quite slow. Anyways, do you know how many members are going to be deleted?

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

somewhere in the tens of thousands.

4. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Lol sucks for them, are you just deleting them off the forum or the entire site?

5. Seph

one and the same, no difference. :)

6. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

:D The guy that referred me to RomUlation is now gone.

Funny how he referred me with such enthusiasm yet never visited the forums and hasn't logged in for 6 months. :

7. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Just saying because my name is "airsoft1117" on the site while its' "airsoft" on the forum :)

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I don't get it, so by saying one and one, no difference... we all have an equal chance to get deleted..... I think I'm thinking differently....

9. Seph

It's nothing about chance... it's pretty simple really, if you've never posted and haven't logged in in the last 6 months, or if you haven't logged in ever then you got deleted. That was about 112,000 members who just got pruned. If you're still here then congratulations, you've logged in within the last 6 months.

10. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

What he meant by "one and the same, no difference" is that your forum login and site login are connected, or, the same ;D

11. Seph

Not only are they connected, but they're the same, your user details are only stored in one location and both the site and the forum verify accounts against that location.

12. sps40

sps40 New Member

will those people who never posted in the forum but logged in, in the past 6 months wil also be deleted?

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If you still log in, you won't get deleted, judging by what was said above.

14. Seph

This is an old thread by now though. But it's still valid for any future clean up. If you simply log in then nothing will happen.

15. tribe king

tribe king Member

that explain why is so slow, who can blame them this website is popular!!

16. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

I think this was fixed already as the last post was posted half a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.