1. This forum is in read-only mode.

should i get a 360

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by J A C O B, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J A C O B

J A C O B Well-Known Member

i really want one its a bit expesive
    i have a ps2 but its a bit wil not good enouth for me
    i was thinking 360 or WII
    my fraviot games are

elderscrolls
    resident evel
    call of duty
    need for speed

and FPS

2. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Two words: Hell Yeah!

Reason 1: Prince range is in between PS3 and WII but games are better than Wii and not that much different than PS3.
    Reason 2:Quite a number of Romulation members have one. We can start playing Live!

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you aren't going to get any of the games you listed on wii, so that rules that out...

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Call of Duty would like to differ

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Dante is saying Hi is DMC4

6. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

But seriously, MGS4 is a freakin sweet game. And Im sure there are other moderately good games for PS3. Not to mention it has GTAIV as well.

7. J A C O B

i have dail up so i cant go online

were is the cheapest place to by a 360 in newzealand

8. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Yes Yes Yes...
    You'll get all those games...
    And countless more FPS's...

Get a Wii if you want to play Mario Party for the rest of your life...

Get a PS3 if you want to play MGS4 and Killzone 2(*snigger*)

9. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Definitely! Get one, trade in your PS2, get one or you will have me on your back. Look at my avatar. You are the..................................badger.

10. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I think the PS3 is more powerful than the 360, although the 360 has better quality games (I don't know if you get me). Plus, the online on the 360 is way better.

So, my vote goes for ''Yes, get a 360.''. :)

11. Loonylion

Don't be stupid, trading in a PS2 for a 360 would be a bad idea, the PS2 has a much larger library of good games of different genres.

12. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Also, the PS2 is a console easier to chip than hell. It saves a lot of money.

13. err

err Well-Known Member

The PS2 is a strong system. It has a gigantic library. How much longer can it last, I mean it's lasted this far something was done right. The 360 is the best at the moment. If you add some a lot of kick a** games for PS3 it might do better. But thats me. Final decision is yours.

14. gameace99

gameace99 Active Member

Get the XBOX 360. I have one and it ROCKS. It also has a lot of games the Wii doesn't have. Besides the games it has a lot of other features though no one else seems to use them... But anyway it has much better graphics and games than the Wii. Trust me I have both; I NEVER play the Wii but I find myself playing the 360 quite frequently...

15. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

But if you get a PS3 doesn't it also support PS2 games? Although I heard that retro compatibility is not good on PS3... Is that true?

16. Loonylion

Some PS3s support PS2 games, the UK 60GB does while the UK 40GB doesn't (they cut PS2 support to cut costs and sell it cheaper)

17. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I hope they tell you it's compatible or not before you purchase it...

18. J A C O B

ok ill get a 360

19. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Def go for the 360 if you havnt already got it, And for the best place in NZ try cash converters first lol, but otherwise the wharehouse is usually the cheapest, followed by stores like Harvey norman and noel leeming if you pay cash and haggle the shit outta the guy (lol thats what I did). I hate to say it but stay away from the games stores like EB and Gamesman since they are the most expensive, though if your looking to trade in then keep an eye on them because they do have some good deals for tradeins every now and then.

20. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

He hasn't gotten it yet, I'd say Dicksmith Electronics is all right, stupid returns policy, but they often have consoles etc. $2 cheaper than everywhere else lol, but The Warehouse is always good, Where everyone gets a Bargain. He lives in a barely unknown city, so there probably isn't a Harvey Norman there (there's none here). You can easily just get it second hand from Cash Converters (the one here is gone now :() or off TradeMe or something, make sure to always check the Feedback of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.