1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Service Pack 1

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Fennyariel, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Could somebody please tell me why Microsoft updates can't update sp1? At first I got an error message saying that it couldn't do it because I was missing a certain .dll I downloaded that .dll and put it into my System 32 folder and it until my computer told me that it couldn't install it. The file I'm having a hard time with is called Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KBy76932).

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, you're not giving enough information. What is the exact error code, what process are you following to attempt to install it, and at what point does it fail? Also how much disk space do you have available on your computer (all fixed hard disks) and what is the full version string of your OS?

3. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I had the same problem while trying to update last week.
    Solved it myself but dont remember how.. :p
    I remember Downloading a software from microsoft that fixed this issue.
    Try googling it.

4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

My os was windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

5. Fennyariel

Yes I have enough space and I'm using the usual automatic updates to intall it. Here's the message I keep getting:

[​IMG]

6. Loonylion

do all updates except sp1 and reboot. Then download the correct file from here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5842 and run it. Make sure you get the correct language and bitness.

7. Fennyariel

I've already been to that site and when I got there I was like OK, which one?!

8. Loonylion

depends if your OS is 32 bit or 64 bit. If its 64 bit you want x64, if its 32 bit you want x86. either way if your OS is english its one of the bottom 2.

9. Fennyariel

I downloaded it, I tried to install it, and guess what? I got the EXACT same error! ;v)

10. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Reboot your pc, make sure you have an active network connection, run the software you downloaded as administrator.
    And wait for it to finish.
    After it finishes go to windows update under control panel and update.
    I had all the problems you mentioned... i also was unable to get the software to work at first. But it worked after a few tries.
    Make sure no background app is using the network and you are not downloading anything.

11. Loonylion

the downloaded program from my link doesn't need a network connection, it's an offline install.

12. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Oh ok sorry i couldnt check as im on my mobile network.