1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Screen Shot's

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Jolly, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Jolly

Jolly New Member

hello there, im pretty new to the site and im not to sure where i shoud be posting this :S oh well getting to my problem, i was lookin around the roms and saw you didnt have many that had screen shots of the games, well i tried to upload a few but i keep getting this message

*errr, something went wrong, go tell us what you did in the forum*

just wondering if someone could give me a hand cause i would like to help out

Jolly

2. DemonHeadx

DemonHeadx Well-Known Member

Last time Seph was working on this. But i think he wants to dump the idea beacuse it adds loading time?

I don't know really. Just guessing =D

3. Jolly

Jolly New Member

oh ok, it was just a idea anyway :)

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Nononono who talked about dumping the idea? I'm offering points for uploading screenshots o_O
    Besides it only ads loading time once you actually hover over the game, there's no preloading of screenshots, yet. *wahahahahahah*

But really, could you enlighten me as to your procedure? How do you get to the uploading screen? What's the file you're uploading called?

I noticed one problem by looking over the file for a second, if the extension was .jpeg it would fail, that should be fixed now though, so jpeg, jpg, gif and png are accepted.

Oh forgot: Karma for reporting. ;D

5. Jolly

Jolly New Member

lol knew it was partly my fualt

well i was just loadin a rom from the downloads page and clicked Upload an image at the bottom of the Screenshot section in the game profile and then selected the picture which i saved, guess it autosaved as a jpeg when i took the screen shot

if its workin now i guess i got a little work too do lol

by the way if there are certin games you would like pics for please let me know :)

Jolly

EDIT: found that the first file i was tryin was in bitmap, changing it to jpeg and tryin again lol

6. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Generally, PNG would be the best format to upload pictures... that what I would reccomend to anyone, it has the good quality that JPG lacks, while keeping the file size relatively low.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

that's the format VBA saves to by default too.

8. C2JUK

C2JUK New Member

i don't mind uploading a few, i play alot of Emulated Roms anyway....

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Go ahead, that would be great :)