1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RROD!

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by miros, Jan 10, 2010.

1. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I was trying to load Assassins Creed II yesterday and the screen froze during the opening cut-scene. So after waiting for a minute just to make sure that the game was not going to load I turned off my box, waited a couple minutes, and then attempted to turn it back on. All of a sudden, my box started to display the worst light show that I could ever imagined and I quickly turned it off. I unplugged all of the cables (ex. power cord, HDMI cable) from the television, outlet, and the box and plugged everything back in. Crossing my fingers, I pushed the power button and...(insert fart noise), the box shit the bed. So now I have my box all packed up and have already printed off a shipping label from Microsoft so that they can fix my 360. That means two to three weeks of no MW 2, no live, and worst of all a new game that I have been waiting for what seemed to be forever to play is already gathering dust... I guess it is not all bad, the repair is free and if my box breaks again, I will buy a PS3. Has anyone else had their 360 bite the dust?
    miros

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

I've been fortunate enough to not have any issues with my 360 at all thus far. I probably jinxed it by saying that though. :p

I've only had the thing for a year now though so it probably won't do anything too bad until the warranty expires.

3. miros

miros Well-Known Member

That is funny! Honestly, I have had my box for about three years and this is the first problem that I have had with it. Unfortunately, it is one of the worst problems that you can get with the 360.
    miros

4. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

So you never got the Red Rings of Death?
    Pretty much everyone gets that at some point. I got it within my first year, and my warranty was valid so i got a brand new one for free in GAME. They even switched the hard drives to keep all my saves :)

5. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

RROD just happened to me for the first time about a week ago, but they have already fixed it and shipped it back out. According to the UPS website it should arrive tomorrow. FASTEST RROD REPAIR EVER! Finally Bayonetta is all mine and the demo for Dante's.

6. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

My Xbox died in 6 months after purchase, didn't bother repairing, just played my PS3. :)

7. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

that the reason why xbox 360 sucks too many issues...

8. lars131

lars131 Guest

Wo wo wo stop there, lets not start an flame war, the only thing u can do is sending in to repair and wait....

9. classicgamer101

classicgamer101 New Member

i was given an x-box 360 for nothing with the rrod fixed it with a little help from you-tube and e-bay(£5) played it for twelve months and swapped it for a ds(with lots of software) be warned though the ps3 is far from infallible but overall more reliable bring on the next gen. ps3 psp,ds and wii owner

10. tonyc21

tonyc21 Member

I bought a halo 3 limited edition xbox that lasted 10 days before breaking! After already having broken an xbox 360, I was trying to be super-careful and didn't even actually touch it even! I used the dvd remote to open the tray. I started noticing some white lines running across the environments in l4d. I turned the xbox off and then turned it back on and it had RROD.

11. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

lol you guys are weird i broke like 2 xboxs since it hit the shelves one was my sister kicked it and it fell and the other one my grandma triped over the charging wire while i was charging my controller but she said she will buy me a new one......
    yeah she offered me a elite but i said why i dont even go on live and i just need a new xbox not a new franchise so i got a arcade since i have my hdd and my controller still and from then to now i had no promblem

12. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

Glad my x box 360 is still alive.If my x box 360 ever broke or got the RROD, I will never be able to buy a new.Thats because i dont have enough money for it.

13. padfoot

padfoot Well-Known Member

in 3 years i've had 4 xbox's, all needed repairs before completely blowing up.
    at the minute i have a 20gb which the disc drive doesn't work, and when it does the cd will not load, just spins for about 3 seconds then dies. and an 80gb that died 3 weeks after xmas when i got it.
    it's a horrible heart breaking pattern, especially since i dont even use it for dvds or on live.
    i just have horrible luck.

constantly harrassed by 'supposed' friends who all have ps3's. but i just cant be bothered starting my collection again if i were to swp, also my fav games like gears, halo aren't on it. oh why oh why does microsoft take all our money and not fix the problem.