1. This forum is in read-only mode.

rice shortage

Discussion in 'General News' started by bhatooth, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

here in phiippines theres rice shortage its funny cause before the philippines is the asia's best exporter of rice now its the best importer now the goverment sells nfa rice which is 18.95
    haha the line so long everyday my grandmother get on the line to get 6 kilos of rice

2. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

I think it is just the governments way to divert the attention of people from the ZTE deal controversy......I mean look at the timing it is just so perfect

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Food shortage isn't a funny thing bhatooth & had you studied up on your Philippine history you should have known that this happened before & believe me you don't know how it feels not to have anything to eat for extended periods of time!

Also, if you had analysed the situations:

1. The so called rice shortage was "staged", meaning it was set up, why?

2. To make people forget the ZTE NBN Broadband deal Scandal, it was all a "delaying tactics" maneuvre by the government, to "turn the tides" & let people have something else to talk about

3. We do have enough rice, problen is, there are rice hoarders & the Government opted to import milled rice from other countries than purchase our local farmers un milled rice

4. the delaying tactics worked, one of the key proponents of the ZTE scandal (Allan Peter Cayetano) has reversed his statements, saying that "there are infact little evidence for the validity of the ZTE NBN deal to be a scandal". What does this mean now?? Simple, the government has "bought" Mr. Cayetano! :p

4. clyffe28

........thats what I said .......... but you know the government now is very intelligent...imagine they were almost caught and still got away and now has the upperhand but I'v been thinking of this question for a while why does the government use its intelligence for its own desires and not for the good of "Juan dela cruz" (filipino people) is money really all that much?

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

"Men are easily swayed by money & power"

I forgot who said that but apparently yes, people in power here are only taking care of themselves :p

6. bhatooth

yeah and what happened to J-lo

7. clyffe28

what?????????????????

anyways why do people always fall for money and power I mean I myself can hold myself to taking money from my parents without permission why can't they do that..........I know its easy to say this but just what strange powers that money has that takes control of people

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well it happening in Malaysia as well, people are advice to eat rice only during lunch and dinner.....and i though we planted our own rice.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

It's really hard to understand actually

but try controlling yourself with $1.5 billion USD in hard cold cash right infront of you

10. clyffe28

Well I have my patience and if I get to choose a life of richness through evil or a life of richness through hard work I would rather do hard work because I can be proud that way and is something that I can pass on my family without any worries

Any ways going back to topic
    In my opinion this are some reasons why the government is succesful in turning every controversy into it's side
    1. People had been thirsty of money because of poverty so they easily shut up ( this is the reason why I think the
    government makes few projects for the good of the country)
    2. Much people have lost their sense of nationality thus lacking the power of the majority to be used

3. Many high ranking officials ar decieved and controlled by the government

4. Due to lack of education, many people are easilly diverted from the true controversy

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Reasons 1 & 4 are true, reason three is slightly wrong because its the high ranking officials who are decieving the minority speakers, who are the ones for the people and reason 2. How can you be nationalistic in a country that has thrown its own sense of pride out the window in exchange for greed? :p

12. clyffe28

thats why they lost their nationalism

13. ultra

ultra Guest

you talk about this now?! there's been a shortage of grains since last year, maybe longer then last year. i also believe there's been a poor crop production lately. why, the banana's i buy are green then yellow, it probably indicates that the farms are pulling them faster for the shelf as they may need the money.

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought rice was unlimited :p I eat a lot of rice, but now of course it's gotten a bit more expensive, my mum gets a big rice bag for about $60 now. Jasmine I think.

15. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

You know rice shortage is bullshit in the Philippines when you take the SLEX and NLEX and go to the provinces where there's acres and acres of farmland XD

16. clyffe28

thats why the government is just using it to divert our attention

17. bhatooth

you dont know J-lo its jun lozada
    but its the government we cant do anything cause we protest then what will they listen

18. ultra

ultra Guest

you buy jasmine rice?! that's expensive stuff, at lease here in where i live. jasmine rice is about 10-25 dollars a bag depending on the size [weight] that you're getting and the brand as well. the japanese jasmine rice are more expensive then the chinese or thai imports.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

rice is cheap here, my parents get huge bags of it.

20. bhatooth

where are you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.