1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Release/New Info on FINAL FANTASY XIII

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Shibuku_Dogenzaka, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

Shibuku_Dogenzaka Well-Known Member

(I am aware that there is another Thread about FFXIII, but decided to make a separate thread that just had the release date info. Don't ask me why i separated them, it's just more neat this way)
    **Also, comply with the Forum rules and don't post unecessary posts, flames or flamebait; And if i've written something that has been known before and you say it's old, remember i'm posting the information for your courtesy and benefit so don't be ungrateful, some or almost all the information is new)
    - FINAL FANTASY XIII Announcement Trailer - Release date Information, Battle demo​
    - Square-Enix Japan Official FFXIII Site - Final/Last, Final Fantasy Trailer updated​

Square Enix ended the release date mystery, announcing that Final Fantasy XIII will be available in North America and Europe on March 9. The publisher also said that "My Hands" from Leona Lewis' upcoming album Echo has been chosen as the game's theme song.

Final Fantasy X's co-composer and Dirge of Cerberus' composer Masashi Hamauzu will be scoring the game.The score will feature orchestral recordings by the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra,though there will also be synthetic tracks implemented by Keiji Kawamori and Mitsuto Suzuki. A single featuring the game's theme songs, "Because You're Here" ( Kimi ga Iru kara) and "Eternal Love", is planned to be released on December 2, 2009 and will feature vocals by Sayuri Sugawara . Although the game's main theme was originally announced to be composed by Nobuo Uematsu, Hamauzu was assigned to it after Uematsu was selected as the composer for FINAL FANTASY XIV, making XIII the first game in the main series to not have any work by Uematsu.The game's soundtrack will be released in Japan on January 27, 2010, along with a limited edition. The standard version will have four discs, while the limited edition will contain a bonus "drama CD" written by scenario writer Motomu Toriyama.

"My Hands" was chosen to replace Final Fantasy XIII's original theme song, "Kimi Ga Iru Kara," for the game's North American and European release. It is unclear whether or not the original song will still be included in the North American and European release.

The new battle system & Levelling system

Crystallium System
    The leveling system for the game is called the Crystallium System which resembles the Sphere Grid in Final Fantasy X.Instead of gaining experience points after winning a battle, characters gain CP (Crystallium Points) which can then be spent in order to unlock abilities and increase attributes such as maximum HP.

The Active Time Battle (ATB) system will return, but it works differently from its predecessors. Users will be able to chain large numbers of commands together in order to achieve attack bonuses.

A "break state" is one of the new features of the Final Fantasy XIII battle system. The breaks refer to the times an enemy enters a state of non-retaliation. This occurs when a chain combo has been maintained for a certain period of time on an enemy. When a high level combo has been achieved, the enemy will glow red and enter this state, during which the player will be able to inflict high amounts of damage. The chain bar will gradually deplete during this period; when it becomes empty, the break state ends.

2. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

This is awesome news. I like the idea of a personal choice as to what you increase with the CP that you earn. This add a little replay value as you can decide to raise your characters a different way just about every time for any situation ahead.

I can't wait for 3/10 as I want to play this game already...actually, I can wait a bit because I'm still playing Zelda Spirit Tracks, LOL.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It sounds like Square Enix has taken a little bit from their earlier game "The Last Remnant" to adapt this "Break State" into their combat system for FFXIII.

4. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

The leveling up system is kindof like FFX's sphere grid. They just use crystal points, but i haven't seen the leveling system myself so im not entirely sure.

@TirithRR
    Yeah when i saw the battle sequences, it did remind me of "The Last Remnant". Im sure they only took a little inspiration from that game into their new battle system.

5. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I am happy that Square agrees with most players nowadays.
    Not many people bears the old RPG turn based and boring battle systen.

I found the new idea pretty good, we can have more action and still have the turn-based systen.
    To bad that I am probaly never going to play it j.j

6. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

I just broke a tear...MY FAV SUMMON IS BACK!!!!
    ALEXANDER ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

7. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

I just want the original song "Kimi ga irukara" by Sayuri Sugawara to be in the NA version too...i dont think i like the idea of Leona Lewis
    doing the theme...it's just, has anyone heard the song? "My Hands"? I heard it on Youtube, and part of the lyrics are (typing it as
    i remember it,) "Just got out of the shower, putting my make-up on"

.____.

I'd rather the japanese audio theme even if they didnt get it translated for NA. I know, let's give Leona Lewis a chance, but an FF game
    with Leona Lewis doing the theme...i don't know, am i the only one that's thinking this?

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Chances are that the composers will give her lyrics to sing, she won't have anything to do with the theme besides that she sings it.

9. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

4 discs!!! omg glad that i have a ps3 only 1 disk...

10. lopolativo

lopolativo Well-Known Member

haha i lol'd when i saw this
    personally i find japanese songs to better suit final fantasy games
    hell i like most japanese theme songs over english, the bleach theme song is a fine example :p

for me the final fantasy game has gotten worse from around 8 to 12 (excluding 9)
    because theyre depending on the graphics and 'new features' to win them sales
    when people such as myself would have preferred the game when it was pure fantasy and not all the icky futuristic stuff :p
    because isnt fantasy what the game final FANTASY is based around?
    that is why i loved FF9 so much :)
    PS: im still gonna get this game!

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

There's been rumors of DLC being released near the end of March for this game. I guess there were things like New Game + and extra missions and bosses being mentioned but whether or not it's true is the question.

I'm kinda hoping it is because I'd probably feel a lot more motivated to play again with a NG + :p

12. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

Anyone else enjoying this game as much as I am?

13. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I thought it has been released weeks ago, what's that FF13 being able to download via www.gamestorrents.com? I have been searching at the shops and they say it's not out yet but what about this download available throughout the net? It's it fake?? Just curious..I too can't wait to play FF13!

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

It's been out since March 9th. No idea why those people are saying it isn't.

I would highly recommend smacking some shopkeepers for lying.

15. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

wait...why is this in Microsoft? The game is for PC too?

16. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

Microsoft = XBOX360

17. Reider

Reider Modereider

If by PC you mean PS3, then yes. I see no reason why this can't be here however so I'm content to leave it.

18. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

ooooooooooooohh :p ...sorry
    it's best on the ps3 rather than the xbox...graphics I mean

19. Reider

Reider Modereider

The graphics are a horrible argument and you should feel horrible for using that argument. There's not nearly enough difference to just throw the 360 version off as some inferior bastard child that should've never existed in the first place. It is there, but it's so negligible that it really isn't worth mentioning.

Anyways, I still recommend beating some shopkeepers with a blunt object. Film it too since sharing is cool.

20. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

lol...led pipe?