1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Recommend an Anime?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by HolyChicken_99, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Hey everyone, just wondering if theres anyone here who could recommend me an anime to watch?

I suppose im looking for a cool/interesting action with a good plot, likeable characters and quality drawings/animation (probably just described stock standard desirebales).

If its any help, im looking for animes similar to the ones ive watched. In the past ive watched both Full Metal Alchemist series (and loved them), Fate Stay Night, a bit of Soul Eater and am up-to-date with Bleach. So anything similar to those anime's would be great :)

As a side note/question, would you recommend me watching Naruto? I never got into the first series, but Shippuden interests me (although I dont really feel like slogging through to catch up.

Any and all responses appreciated :)

2. lcleong

lcleong Well-Known Member

Angel Beats!
    Darker than Black
    To Aru Majutsu no Index
    To Aru Majutsu no Index Second Season (still ongoing)
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
    Shakugan no Shana / Shakugan no Shana Second
    and etc.. :)

3. arkonad

arkonad Active Member

There is alot. But my top 5 are. 1. Trigun, 2. Cowboy Bebop, 3. Neon genesis Evangelion, 4 Yu Yu Hakusho, 5. Fairy Tail. I didnt bother putting DBZ I'm sure you have seen that lol.
    theres always. Breserk, Lupin the third, Saint Seiya, and One Piece.

4. Thanks for the recommendations, i think ill check out Darker than Black and Fairy Tail.

Ive already watched Trigun (forgot to mention it) and I loved it. I grew up with DBZ, it was fantastic.

As an addition to my Naruto question, will I be lost or confused if i were to watch Shippuden without watching the first series at all?

Any more recommendations are also appreciated.

5. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Yes, you would, I also dont suggest naruto at all.

My suggestions would be as follows
    Cowboy Bebop
    Eureka Seven
    Any Gundam except SEED and SEED Destiny
    Just about any anime that was on Toonami
    90% of the anime on Hulu.com if you get that where you live
    and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to get you into the Mecha Genre.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I back up CrashMan 100% here.

Definitely look into Eureka Seven. That is one of the best pieces of work ever made.

7. Ah i'm not really into the whole mecha-scene of anime's. The closest I came to the genre was steampunk in anime like FMA, and even thats not very close.

Thanks for the recommendations :)

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Try Hellsing.

9. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Death Note!

Code Geass
    Code Geass R2
    Samurai Champloo
    Cowboy Bebop
    Naruto
    Naruto Shippuden
    One Piece.

The list goes on and on. Try animefreak.tv and look at their top 20 anime. You can get a good idea from there what anime are popular.

10. CrashmanX

Correction, watch Hellsing Ultimate. Its 10 times better than the actual series.

11. Eadelas

Eadelas Well-Known Member

You can't pass up Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also Death Note and Samurai Champloo. Currently I'm tuned in to Fairy Tail.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes! That's what I meant. The original sucked ass. The new one...I came.

13. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

I don't know what other people say, but I'd give Shiki a watch. I'm totally loving that anime right now.

I'd also watch Claymore too. Then read it because the manga is that much better.

14. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

koe de oshigoto is funny, but short

And Death Note is a classic

15. snowcrossfan

snowcrossfan Member

If you want action and adult themed check out gantz. when it first came out i bought it and was at the store every month after that to pick up the new dvd. its kind of short only 10 dvd's. It was quoted the most graphic anime in japan that they couldnt even air it. at least thats what the box said. very adult, cuss words and some nudity ( and before anyone asks no its not hentai )
    Hellsing
    monster
    gungrave
    saiyuki
    texhnolyze
    toyoko underground
    noir
    zone of enders

just to name a few

16. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Definitely Darker Than Black

Also,

Code Geass
    Eureka Seven
    Death Note; and
    Kekkaishi

17. CrashmanX

Probably not the best way to describe Gantz. I've read the series, have yet to see the anime and I must say that aint exactly the best way to describe it. My description would be more like "Awesome, but a trip a times. 18+"

18. snowcrossfan

snowcrossfan Member

I was in a rush lol. You should check it out the videos, imo its a must see.

19. 10tarik10

10tarik10 Well-Known Member

Death note
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
    Naruto
    Naruto Shipuuden
    K-ON

20. AnimeLovee

AnimeLovee Well-Known Member

Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
    [​IMG]