1. This forum is in read-only mode.

recent downtime

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Loonylion, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We apologise for the recent outage, however it was nothing to do with RomUlation. Basically our DNS provider (they tell your computer where our server is on the internet, much like a map or a GPS unit in a car) had an outage, meaning that although RomUlation continued to run fine, no-one could 'find' it. As the DNS servers are not under our control it was up to the provider to fix the problem and there was nothing we could do about it.

Thank you for your understanding

The RomUlation Team

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well atleast you guys are back ;D

It would definitely suck if you guys went away for good.

By the way, while you guys were down, my browser kept on sending me to this blank white screen with a big Romulation.net clickable link, was that the DNS outage problem thing you mentioned?

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

As far as I know, if the DNS server is down, then the page will just come up with an error. Hmm, I should bookmark a secondary link to RomUlation via the IP address as an alternative if the DNS server is down. :p

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Pass me that link :p

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Oh right, good nothing bad happened. I'll be needing that link too :)

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Umm... could I also have that link just in case?

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

just IP won't work, it needs the domain name.

8. atrayu

atrayu New Member

Is this effecting the downloads? I just tried downloading a couple of roms, and each time it came up with a 403. "You do not have permission to view this page." Which hasn't happened before =) Yes, I've been logged in :3

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It shouldn't I just downloaded and it worked fine. o_O

10. hellonone1

hellonone1 New Member

Would it be possible to provide a mirror site ? Or maybe had an alternative DNS provider that fix the problem ? It is a nuisance to see the "Failed to open page" error after I perform the download operation.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this problem was resolved ages ago, and if a lot of people donate then we might be able to afford a mirror server. Until then, there's the rapidshare and megaupload links if you need mirrors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.