1. This forum is in read-only mode.

question : can be added a section for download psx eboots ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Riktor, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

since most site no longer provide them , would be nice if could be added here on romulation a section for download psx eboots for the psp also if i noticed most games here too can no longer be downloaded , thank you

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

PSX games are easy to convert to eboot format, that is why we never offered them; we'd be basically hosting the same content twice.

3. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

i knew psp2psx program but it convert only bin files sometimes i've found cue file that couldn't be converted with that program , also sometimes the converted game not worked properly , i had more luck with already converted games , that's why i asked . thank you for the reply

4. Loonylion

.cue files contain burning instructions for burning software, not game data. They will always be accompanied by an .img or .bin file containing the actual game data.

5. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

when i found some psx to convert . i remember the zip had only cue file/s , also seems for convert psx to eboot other than psx2psp exist also popstation gui , can you tell me what is better for convert them ? some times i got a not working eboot using psx2psp like i said before , istead the already converted eboot founded before some sites taken the downloads down , worked fine...is hard also find good preview picture for make the eboot understandable , since whitout pic or everything is just a grey icon , seems is needed a specific size , but i could be wrong...thank you for reply

6. Loonylion

if the archive contained only .cue files then it was a useless download. .cue files are simply text files that tell the burning software how to burn the accompanying data, they do not contain any image data themselves.

7. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

some emulators i've read for example that load cue files , never tried myself , so the cue file should be also a game or how can be possible for emultors read the cue file ? for the 1st question do you know which program is the best for convert the psx games to psp eboot ? thank you again for reply

8. Loonylion

The cue files tell the emulator how the game data is arranged in the image file. Sometimes there's more than just a .bin file, there could also be subchannel data in a .sub file; the .cue file will tell the emulator about the .sub file if that is the case. There is no game data in the .cue, open a .cue file in notepad and see for yourself.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about psp, I don't have one and have never dealt with one.

9. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I'm not sure if emulator such as PPSSPP even able to play psx2psp eboot. Last I tried with a few titles, I can't.

10. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

epsxe was the emulator that read cue files , i will try again to convert some games , if found downloads for them , sadly those games now are hard to find , i will see if they got bin files too for the conversion , would be nice if those games coould be added back here too with a section for the converted eboot too , but i know could be risky , maybe one day .... thank you

11. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

May I ask a somewhat irrelevant question?
    Please forgive my ignorance but
    How the hell can you play psx games on psp?
    There's no L2, R2, Or Right analogue stick.

Riktor likes this.
  12. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

there was many official games on psp from the ps one too on the psn ,all of them for r2 and l2 are using the psp analog stick ( to the left for l2 to the right for r2 ) for the psone counterpart of the right analog stick i haven't found one yet that need forcefully the right analog stick ( is possible customize the buttons too btw ) for example i was playing very nicely final fantasy 8 on the psp , i always loved play those games on handheld mode

13. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

@Riktor
    I am aware that you are not a native English speaker, And I'm not mocking you for that,
    But I just can't seem to understand what you mean by this part at all.
    So, could you please clarify it enough?

14. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

sorry i forgot to say moving on the analog stick part basically moving the psp analog stick to the left direction is like pressing the l2 button moving the psp analog stick to the right direction is like pressing r2 , is possible also to change buttons and use the directional buttons for the l2 and r2 function and let the analog stick doing the normal movement functions , sorry again

15. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Thank you.

Now wouldn't it be kinda useless if there was a game that required you to utilise all the psx buttons, Like Megaman Legends 2?

I have a similar problem, where my keyboard's Left Shift key is broken, So I use this Input Emulator to map the Left Control key to the Left Shift key.
    But what if you had a game that uses all 101 keys?
    All the keys would be irreplaceable, and you can't substitute a key for another key.

16. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

that's true , if i find a rom for a game that use all psx buttons like that megaman i could test , ( ironically i have downloaded some weeks ago all megaman x for psx and megaman 8 psx + megaman maverick hunter x and powered up on my psp but not this legend , if i remember correctly didn't see it on the site where i downloaded the others , very strange )

17. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Btw, I got Megaman Legends 1 & 2 (PSX) in bin/cue format on my hard drive.
    In case you can't find em anywhere on any rom site, I can share em via G Drive or Mega.
    Their total filesize should be... around 1 GB.
    I have a really crappy internet connection and uploading em's probably gonna take fucking forever but,...
    If Downloading them from a romsite is not possible at all then just tell me and I'll see what I can do.

18. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

for curiosity i watched a video yesterday about a comparision of the game played on the psone and on the psp , seems is playable fine if is this one , the right analog stick for what purpose is used in the game ? ( hope is possible link to youtube ), there is also this one but on the psp go that still don't have a right analog stick and seems this too is playable fine , for trying myself i have to convert the bin with psx2psp and hope the conversion be succesfull ( infact i was asking for a section for find those games already converted since some times the game converted by me doesn't work ).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  19. Riktor

Riktor Videogamer

i'v noticed also some psx games are multi track , any expert know how to merge the bins in 1 bin for convert the game in eboot ? thanks

20. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Doubt you can do that, but I'm no expert, so can't say with certainty. Although logically speaking, you probably can't, and you probably still able to have it read the same way in eboot.