1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS2 help

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by I-Fatman, Sep 11, 2016.

1. I-Fatman

I-Fatman Well-Known Member

Hello.

I just bought a PS2 from a friend with a chip (I have no clue what kind of chip but he said it was working) so I want to learn how I can burn games for my new family member.

It is the big PS2 model NO. SCPH-30004 PAL
    I am sorry for the lack of information but I have no idéa what I´m doing here. Wii was so much easier.

What should I use, CDs or DVDs and what program for the burning proccess etc.
    Do the IMGBurn work properly?

And I would like to know if there is a compatible list for chip use only aswell.

Thanks in advance!

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You'll need to use DVDs for the process, and IMGBurn should work fine.
    As for compatibility, that depends on what chip you have. It's safe to say, though, that a majority of games should work on it.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

burn at slow speed also.

4. I-Fatman

Thanks! I also wanted to know if I can burn PS1 games and play them on the PS2? That may also depend on what king of chip maybe? And if I can, does it work with both CDs and DVDs?

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Can depending on the mod chip. PS1/X uses VCD not DVD.

6. I-Fatman

Okay, I´ll try some different methods and see what happens!

Thanks again for the help!

7. I-Fatman

Another thing I was thinking of was if it matters if the game is NTSC or PAL?

8. Loonylion

on an emulator no, on a console it might or might not. depending on the chip I think (although wrong region games may be in black and white if they work)

9. I-Fatman

That´s what I thought. Well, I will try burning some games and hope for the best. Thanks!

10. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

If you download a psx rom the archive has 2 files in it. A .bin file, and a .cue file. So which one do you burn? Also What about games with multiple "Tracks"?
    Pls help.

11. Loonylion

when theres a cue and a bin, keep them together and burn the cue as an image. it's the bin that actually contains the data, the cue file just instructs the burning software how to burn the bin file.

same goes if theres many files.

saher1175 and NintyRaccoon like this.