1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS Vita Sales

Discussion in 'Sony' started by dracky w, Feb 28, 2012.

1. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Four days after its release on U.S. shores, the PlayStation Vita has passed the one million mark worldwide. Sony has sold a total of 1.2 milion Vita units in Japan, the U.S., and all of its other territories, it said in a press release today.

The powerful portable system first launched on December 17, 2011 in Japan, where it sold over 300,000 units during its first two days on the market. Sony released the device last week in the U.S. and Europe to some excellent reviews.

Sony's main competitor in handheld gaming, Nintendo, has sold 15 million 3DS units worldwide since it released its glasses-free 3D portable in early 2011.

[Via Kotaku]

So what do you guys think, success or not yet?

2. NocaCoco

NocaCoco Guest

Four things to take note of before you can speculate whether it's successful or not:
    How well did the 3DS sell? (The competitor)
    How well did the PSP sell? (The predecessor)
    How much did it cost to produce? (Self-explanatory)
    Who's developing games for the vita? (How much Sony are going to earn)

3. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

We'll have to wait and see if they release some properly good games.

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

what makes hardware good these days is its software. so we have to wait and see how it goes. we have to remember that 3ds at launch was selling horribly aswell but thanks to software, sales started rising

5. NocaCoco

NocaCoco Guest

ftfy

6. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

well if you look at the 3DS it only made just under 400,000 western market sales in the first week so now that developers see the selling power of the vita more are going to start to develop for it,already UBI is pushing it as well as Gameloft who has a very nice line up of games. and if you understand the hardware you can do plenty with it.for instance Unit 13 looks like a Android game and plays like an android game with out the terrible controlls but then look at wipeout it looks like the ps3 version scaled down so if some of the more veteran studios could come on board we could be looking at one of the most successful consoles ever

7. someirishkid

Gameloft sucks hairy ass.

8. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

im with you

9. someirishkid

Their DSiWare games were just atrocious.

10. joshua.rozario

joshua.rozario Well-Known Member

i hope the vita starts making better games so far uncharted is the only game worth getting (released ones that is) cant wait for street fighter x tekken and mgs hd collection i reckon those r 2 must have games

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

just get a ps3 for those. plus mgs hd in vita doesnt come with Peace walker HD. the ps3 version does.

12. joshua.rozario

joshua.rozario Well-Known Member

i already played peace walker on psp so i really dont care about that and a ps3 i might get one