1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Power Rangers Samurai

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Sorry if I'm using Wikipedia for my source material for this, but hey it kinda works...

Anyhoo, it seems Saban international FINALLY re-acquired the rights for the Power Rangers franchise & their next Project is....

Power Rangers: Samurai!

And whose plot goes something like....

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_Samurai

OK, now for a mini Rant:

Now look at that! Now there's a good (well good enough that is) plot right there. Remember that Disney (The company that previously owned the Power Rangers franchise stated that the "Main Reason" why they did not bought the rights to make Samurai Sentai Shinkenger into a Power Rangers series was because the show had heavy focus on "certain" Japanese cultural beliefs & traits & it would be difficult to adopt the show for an American (and subsequently a global) audience.

Well FUCK YOU Disney! :p

Look at what Saban has done with regards to what you were giving as an excuse!

Damn stupid company, you never even had the balls to go Super Sentai in the first place!

So I repeat!

Fuck you Disney & hurray Saban!

However...

This part of what I read in the Wikipedia article is kinda bothering me...

Correct me if I understood this incorrectly but does this mean Saban will AGAIN do what they did with "Mighty Morphing Power Rangers"? That is make "Power Rangers Samurai" lump two Sentai series (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger & Tensou Sentai Goseiger) into one? If so... bad move!

Also, I definitely think Saban will have trouble "localizing" Gokaiger, the upcoming "Pirates" Sentai Series as that will feature all 34 Sentai teams from past seasons seeing Power Rangers only have 18 teams of which three were crammed into one (MMPR) so yeah, good luck with that LOL!

EDIT: Addendum:

Here's the promotional video for Power Rangers Samurai that I found on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3aFeqZ5OxA

2. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

I loves Power Rangers! Go! Go! Power Rangers!!! Welcome back Saban after long time stopped since Power Rangers Ninja Storm.

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I thought there was another Power Rangers-type show with ninjas in it. They didn't wear hard costumes, but instead ninja-like outfits. One was a white outfit, if I recall.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

yup, there is a ninja look alike in Power Ranger the movie, and then there is Power Ranger Ninja Storm.

any i kinda like Ninja Storm, the ending is pretty good, but it certainly no Mighty Morphing Power Ranger.

btw is Samurai Sentai Shinkenger the one that cross over with Kamen Rider Decade?

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Power Rangers Zeo?

I quite liked the last season of Power Rangers, the one with the evil virus pretty much destroying every city in the world but one, though i never saw the end of it,

6. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was the only version I enjoyed. All the others were just down right terrible.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yup, in the Special Cross-over movie :)

In my case I hated MMPR because they "butchered" three Super Sentai Series by cramming all three into one series...

Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger:
    [​IMG]

Gosei Sentai Dairanger
    [​IMG]

And Ninja Sentai Kakuranger
    [​IMG]

I personally wouldn't mind them changing the story to fit in with a Western audience, but seriously...

Ninja Sentai Kakurangers as Alien Rangers :p

And them (Saban) integrating White Tiger Ranger from Dai Ranger into Zyuranger's team, c'mon that's stupid :p

And yes, I'm a big Super Sentai fan, ever since Choudenshi Sentai Bioman...

[​IMG]

...which was a smashing hit back in the 80's in my country.

:)

8. calvin_0

i dont think i watch that movie, but i remember one episode in Kamen Rider Decade, he goto a world without Kamen Rider and Diend was trying to steal some animal from Shinken Gold. But if there is a movie, i goto find it.

i think i feel the same when Saban butchered Kamen Rider Black RX and later Kamen Rider Ryuki. Both Saban's Masked Rider and Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight sucks.

i hope they dont get anymore license for Kamen Rider, especially Kamen Rider Blade, Kamen Rider Decade and Kamen Rider W

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Isn't this scene from a crossover movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_dtP5jiJQk&feature=related

I just don't get why they were able to make good enough conversions of Super Sentai but fail miserably at Kamen Rider :-[

VR Trooper was poorly made too, primarily because they lumped Metalder with Juspion & failed miserably as the two are totally different genre with Metalder being the "fore father" for the "Guyferd" & "Rizers" series which are "cyborg Hero" series whilst Juspion was the last of the Uchuu Keiji (Space Police) series. And why the virtual world as an adaptation God damn it :p

Beetleborgs was kinda OK by the way.

10. calvin_0

nope, that was from the episode that i mention earlier. A monster from the Sentai world stolen Diend driver and figure out how to use it and become that Evil Kamen Rider. IIRC he can summon monster from other Kamen Rider series using Kaijin Ride additional to Kamen Ride.

i wonder why too. maybe it was done by a separate team.