1. This forum is in read-only mode.

power crisis

Discussion in 'General News' started by bhatooth, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

now the philippines is near it cause the meralco is increasing the bills for the electricity
    cause the are passing there loan to the consumers tho increasing the bills

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

old news, England has been having an energy crisis for ages.

3. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

is it the oil is expensive

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

no its because most of today is technology based so there is a massive demand for power. Also oil,coal,hydro and the like all come into it as its getting more expensive and generally changing and running out making power more difficult to generate.

5. Loonylion

plus some people ( I'm not going to name anyone in particular... YES, GEORGE BUSH, I AM LOOKING AT YOU) hike the cost of raw oil for personal profit.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Actually bhatooth, there are other sources of power we could use to generate electricity, it's just ,again, our god damn country leaders are more busy stuffing their wallets full of cash that they don't bother. They just fend for themselves :p

7. iceredaph32

iceredaph32 Well-Known Member

you can use wind power, water current, thermal energy and nuclear energy, and many others to generate electricity

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

^ Yes exactly

but what does our country's leaders do, Nothing :p

9. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

cmon there's geothermal plants in bicol and some places in region IV i think
    hydro plants in mindanao
    wind generators somewhere
    and a nuke plant in bataan <- *chuckles* (but seriously could you imagine the Philippine government handling nuclear waste)

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yes, they'll just dump it all in Payatas :p
    [​IMG]

11. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

well they're making strides in cleaning that place up, like the Pasig river XD

obtw its not meralco who has big debts its NAPOCOR P1Trillion in debt woot

12. ultra

ultra Guest

nuclear energy is awesome. it provides enough energy for many people. too bad it's not for everyone.
    but do you trust that country on nuclear energy?!

13. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

but nuclear energy is very dangerous............if a nuclear plant explodes it makes a huge explosion plus the radiation will be left to kill the place for more than centuries

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Modern Nuclear powerplants are more advanced now than they were 20 or so years ago, so it's safe to say that a thermo-nuclear meltdown is very unlikely to occur

I know it's still in research but I wonder, do you guys think that we'll ever taste electricity generated by fusion reaction &/or Through microwave energy beamed down directly from a solar gathering satelite just like in the SIMCity games in our lifetime??

15. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

maybe so technology can find a way in the near future

16. ultra

ultra Guest

i don't think cold fusion is possible. just like with time travel, i don't think it's possible.

17. Loonylion

nuclear fusion is indeed possible, its been done, the difficulty is harnessing the power and sustaining the reaction.

18. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

is nuclear fusion similar to what happen at the sun's core?

19. iceredaph32

iceredaph32 Well-Known Member

then it might damage the earth

20. Loonylion

yes it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.