1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Post a picture of your room!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conrannex, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

This thread is pretty much like the post a picture of yourself thread.
    There was a similar thread to this before but it was locked since all everybody did was laugh at 1Blacks1's Peter Pan towel...

Try to keep a good picture to discussion ratio, please.
    If this gets too out of hand I'll ask the mods to move it to Games, Jokes & Random or I'll ask them to lock it.
    So try to be decent. ;]

Please don't forget to use spoiler and image tags.
    Code:
    [spoiler]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [/spoiler]
    Like above^

Nobody wants to have to scroll for miles because you've posted about fifteen images of your socks collection without spoiler tags.

------------------

The entrance.
    [​IMG]

My drawers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My bed and stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My battlestation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Also note that even using spoilers the pictures still have to download, so keep an eye on file sizes.

3. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

My room, circa 2007-ish
    [​IMG]

My room, taken 3 months ago
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I have a DEJA VU...

6. Sarra93

Sarra93 New Member

[​IMG]

7. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    My desk
    [​IMG]
    My guitar and laundry

8. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

Yeah, I had a deja vu, too. I wish people would read the first post in threads instead of constantly posting rubbish.

9. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I have 8 rooms, which do you want to see?

10. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

Room you use the most often?

11. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I doubt anybody wants to see my bed so I'll show you my gaming corner
    [​IMG]

Is anybody getting the picture? I cant see it ???

12. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Nice room :D

13. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

My room.

Has not been changed since I received it as an infant though I suppose by today's standards its appearance could be seen as "average".

White walls, white blinds. A single bed and an awkward black cupboard which holds more childhood toys than it does clothes. Yu-gi-oh cards and whatnot.

Though I must say, this thread asks a peculiar question.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

My house is a mess, since last summer we started remodeling it, and didn't finish right away. It's sat all winter, now the weather is warming up we are going to start again. And I'm going to finish my basement... a large 26x50 foot room just waiting to be carpeted and filled with a large entertainment room. I'm thinking a 55+ inch LED TV, and a big sofa, couple of chairs, a wet bar.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

personally with a room that size I'd use a projector.

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'm going to put up a wall, make the main area about 26x30 or so (where ever it lands on the side of the stairwell). Then there is going to be a storage room with the electrical panel, furnace, and a closet where I'm going to put a hub or something for all my cable TV wires that are currently just hanging down in the middle of the basement with splitters. And I'm going to put a bathroom with a shower so I don't have to go upstairs all the time. I have to pull new coaxial throughout the house because most of it is a low grade older stuff that isn't recommended for digital cable. The stuff going to my livingroom cable box and my modem has been upgraded.

I'm thinking that I'm just going to put a large TV on one side of the room, with a couch/reclining chairs the appropriate distance from it. Then in the extra area behind it, get a nice pool table. And a bar off to the side. The one corner if the main area is where my water tank is for my well. I'm going to have to wall it off, which means that may be a good place to put some shelving for the entertainment system to hold consoles, cable boxes, etc.

The only down side is since my basement's frame was only built with 8 foot walls, and then topped with engineered floor trusses, the ceiling in the basement is only between 7'2" and 7'4". Rather than 8'4" or so that the main floor of the house is. Which means the ceiling is going to be a bit low. It won't matter that much, since it will mostly be a relaxing area. Just means I have to put recessed can lighting, and can't put any ceiling fans. Also means a shower is going to be very difficult, if even possible. I'd really like a shower down there, but I don't know if I can.

Good thing is, my driveway is about 4-5 feet below the level of my house. And my basement sticks about 3 feet out of the ground near the back where the driveway is. I am going to dig out the ground up to my basement and put a door leading out to the driveway.

Since I don't have any pictures of my room, I'll post a picture of the side of my house facing the driveway.

[​IMG]

And the 6 foot slope that is my front yard.

[​IMG]

When I dig out the side of my house, I'm putting all the sand/dirt in the front yard to actually create a flat front yard I can use. And put a retaining wall up at the edge of the property near the utility trail.

Oh, and those images are from last summer. There is currently about half a foot of snow still on the ground.

Edit:
    And to stay on topic, this is the only picture of my room I have. It's only the corner with the bed...
    [​IMG]

17. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'd turn around and show you a pic of my bed but it's nothing special, really.

18. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Loony will love your bed, lol

19. lajew

lajew Member

Piles and piles of books...

Desk two years ago

baleted

Desk now

baleted

Book shelf with TV, XBOX 360 and PS3 on the floor

baleted