1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Poll: The Greatest (Popular) First Person Shooter of All Time

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by iluvgtavcs, Jul 7, 2012.

?

The Greatest (Popular) FPS of All Time

1. Call Of Duty (Series)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Counterstrike (Series)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Battlefield (Series)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

This would include Counterstrike, Call Of Duty, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, etc.

Counterstrike started the trend of great online/LAN shooters, and as of yet it's still popularly played in China and most of Southeast Asia.

[​IMG]

Call of Duty should be noted that although it wasn't the first in multiplayer, it had great stories in the campaign, although its multiplayer has now been trumped by Battlefield 3.

[​IMG]

I have never played one Medal Of Honor game as of yet, except fot the 2010 version, which its singleplayer was real good but had so much swearing. I played upto the one where Deuce and this other dude was sniping in the mountains and riding an ATV. I never tried the multiplayer, though.

[​IMG]

Battlefield. Only played 3 as of yet, but it is very promising. I love the multiplayer where I can drive tanks, helicopters, jeeps and all sorts of awesome vehicles. But I always die when I'm a lone person on the battlefield. I suck at this shooter.

[​IMG]

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/yiweicui/stats/286920677/ps3/

I'm a Rank 5 Lance Corporal. I've had 117 Kills and 414 deaths.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm really happy for you, I'm gonna let you finish, BUT GOLDENEYE ON THE NINTENDO 64 IS THE BEST FPS OF ALL TIME!

Call of duty uses what's been established before and dumbs it down for violent kids, battlefield as good but its a dlc slug-fest, counterstrike...meh (to me anyway I see nothing in it that makes it stand over goldeneye much other than online play).

Also you need to work on your stats mate :p

Oh and I added you as a friend so you can see my stats, "nintendo64X"

And add my name to to your psn friends list if you'd like, same as battlelog name.

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Since it says popular, I can't vote for anything else but COD. I don't like the game, but Activision sells tons of copies.

Edit: I don't want to be rude, but how the hell did you manage to die that many times while you're only rank 5?!

4. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

because I keep letting others kill me. I'm a sitting duck in Battlefield, almost. Most of my kills actually come from when I'm in a tank or a LAV
    Post Merge: [time]1341651129[/time]
    Oh yeah sorry if the options were so few. I would have included more if I didn't accidentally hit enter.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

umm unreal tournament? quake III arena? duke nukem 3D back in the dos days? This poll is missing so many options it's not valid.

6. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

sorry bout that I was born so late I never indulged into any of that.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

When in the tank you gotta learn to move, when you unlock proximity tracker IT IS A MUST, unless you prefer reactive armour which makes it hard for even c4 to kill you...but proximity tracker means as long as you glance at the mini map you'll live longer than most.

this.

8. Toastapotamus

Toastapotamus New Member

Deus Ex, man. Though that's more a hybrid RPG/shooter in the vein of the new Fallouts and such. Admittedly, I haven't had much shooter experience aside from stuff like Quake and Battlefield 1942. I'd probably have to say Battlefield out of the big ones due to the way individual specializations can lead to a team experience, people working together to accomplish what one of them alone probably couldn't have. Using the vehicles was always hella fun too, though I never had a joystick so controlling planes was super tough.

9. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I vote Doom

10. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

UT2K4!!!!!!!1111-eleven-one!!!!

11. beanos

beanos New Member

:-Xcan't play them nor look at them for long, but first person shooters can really be tons of fun if you can handle all the screen movements. Goldeneye for N64 was actually the last fps i played, it should be included. it really was good ;)

12. JamiePage

JamiePage Member

Personally out of the options given i prefer CS, I used to play it way back when it was just a simple mod, but even still i play CS:S and i adore it. The game itself is so far from modern day FPS and actually takes skill, no perks, not advantages of any type. CS:GO is out shortly and i am excited :D

Battlefield would be my second choice due to how fun the gameplay is and how strategic you may need to be to get the objective complete.

I am not a fan of CoD, run and gun type of game with advantages for those who are winning already, for me this game has no appeal.

13. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Why is TF2 not on the poll

14. doommaker

doommaker Guest

Cod isnt what it used to be :( I voted for bf...

15. k_loc

k_loc New Member

Well I really think that CS is still one of the best, thats why people are still playing it, when it comes to Battlefield or COD those are games that wouldn't last long if they wouldn't spawn new games at least every 3 years.
    Goldeneye 64 is just overhyped nowadays, a lot of people say it's the best FPS ever, but it's just in their memories, play it and you'll see how bad it really is. I used to say the same until I actually re-bought the game, and I was disappointed.
    For its time it was good, but it doesn't stand a chance to modern FPS.

When it comes to succes atm COD is the winner, and since it's crossplattform it wins almost every battle, I think that Halo would be a serious "threat" (stats wise) if it was crossplattform. But it's doing bad since it needs some actual understanding of the game mechanics to be good (like bloom, weapon spawn etc.).

16. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

It was recognized for revolutionizing console FPS and multiplayer, as well as multiplayer on the same system.

But it's nothing special now; multiplayer in all FPS's. Maybe if the remakes had added a new feature or two..