1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Poll] Favorite Manga/Anime Genres?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by darkrequiem, Oct 18, 2010.

?

Favorite Manga/Anime genre

1. Shounen (Usually action/adventure) Naruto, Bleach, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Shoujo (Usually drama) Fruits Basket, Cardcapture Sakura, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Psychological/Mystery (Usually 'thinking' and horror) Death Note, Doubt, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sports (Sports....what else?) Prince of Tennis, Slam Dunk, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ecchi (Erotic/Romantic) Love Hina, Ichigo 100%, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yuri (Girl X Girl) Strawberry Panic, Voiceful, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yaoi (Guy X Guy) Gravitation, Elektel Delusion, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Comedy (May include some of everything) NHK ni Yokoso, FLCL, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

More specific: What are your 2 favorite manga/anime genres? I'm interested in what the readers/viewers of RomUlation like.
    Everyone gets up to two votes since just one would be unfair.

The list of examples listed there are from what I personally know/read.

Mine would have to be....Psychological and Yaoi.
    Comedy is a close third.

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Re: [Poll] 2 Favorite Manga/Anime Genres?

Psycho/Comedy.

Death note and GinTama probly being on top as far as faves go.

3. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

The lack of a Mecha Genre prevents me from voting. Besides that, I usually tend to watch lots of different anime, no one single kind.

4. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Shounen and Mystery. Also, I think Mecha fits into the Shounen category.

5. CrashmanX

Not always. I also dont like his examples that were thrown up there. Makes me think that if I vote for that category that I'm saying I like those animes, and I hate Naruto and dislike Bleach.

6. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I see no one has voted for sports yet, lol.

7. darkrequiem

I think mecha is not really a genre, just a setting. I just wanted to use some of the most well known manga in those categories as examples, I apologize if you happen to hate the examples, but I won't and can't change them. They are the most popular shounen manga/anime and are the first examples people usually think of when shounen is mentioned. I didn't want the poll to be cluttered with names so I could only use a few that fit the genre.
    I should've just created an "Other, please explain" category so that there are no disagreements....

8. personuser

He also for got the sick shit that is hentai, It's more disgusting than any other type of anime, but still, it's a genre.

As for mecha, take that new star driver thing that square enix is partnering with BONES to make.

Hold it, square enix.

It has mechas, but will probably be filled to the brim with whining emo guys, complex though poinless thinking and fanservice.

So, mecha anime? No. It's more like a dark shoujo or Psycho anime, with mechs.

It can also be considered magical girl fag GUY because of the transformation sequence in which the main character changes clothes and gains NO exrta powers whatsoever...he probly just spins around in circles while changing into a uniform while his friends step away from his weirdness.

Tha's jus' my 2 cents tho.

9. darkrequiem

I was hoping ecchi, yuri and yaoi would cover any people who would have voted for hentai.

10. personuser

true, but those often leave out sick shit like tentacles and other stuff.

...no, I've never seen one. Jus' read about them on wikis.

11. darkrequiem

I see......o_O I SEE....
    I should have just copy the genre list from mangafox XD

12. CrashmanX

Now, see pardner, yer just askin for an ass whoopin.

When you insult an anime that someone greatly enjoys and based off the sounds of it you have never seen, you are just asking for trouble. Also, please do grow up. The comments about Hentai, not all hentai is tentacle rape.

13. personuser

Star driver's pretty good actually. I DL it. But the transformation scene in which he GAINS A COAT, OMG seems a little over-the-top and pointless.

Hentais are more than tentacle rape too, I know. That's just what most think of. It's still pretty weird, but hey, to those who like, I ain't in your way of watchin.

I think it would be near impossible to list every single fetish that has been catered to in hentais, anyway.

Let's just say I'm fine with SD and anime, hentai etc., I'd like to avoid a pointless forum fight.

14. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Psychological and... would shoujo include slice of life stuff like Haibane Renmei?

Anyway, anything which either makes you think about what's happening/blows your brains away with the sheer amount of gore and creepy laughs or makes you feel for the characters.

Mindf**k anime are cool too...

15. darkrequiem

Yeah, shoujo generally includes that.

16. Corriger

Corriger Well-Known Member

Ecchi and Comedy.

Yeah.

17. darkrequiem

Still not a single post for sports manga....
    I honestly thought sports would just fit in shounen, but apparently there is not enough action in sports manga to be called shounen.

18. personuser

When people watch manga, they watch it mostly cause shit happens that can't happen IRL. Sports happen IRL all of the time and there's really no fantastic element or really good plots besides x sports player needs to get the (goal/girl/contest) to complete X requirement. There's not much in sports anime that seperate it from watching that boring three-hour football game with uncle stinky.

19. CrashmanX

You sir are crazy and obviously don't know what you're talking about. If you've ever seen any sports anime then you'd know that they're usually quite action packed and intense. Shows like Eyeshiled 21 and Inazuma 11 are rather intense as far as action goes, and usually quite humorous as well. Shows like Prince of Tennis are pretty sweet as well.

20. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

death note ftw

oh, bleach is also nice