1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokemon games: growing or failing

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by clyffe28, May 9, 2008.

1. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

We always hear it with every new generation: Pokemon is going downhill; the Pokemon are less creative/original than before; the creators are running out of ideas; Pokemon is getting boring/repetitive. How many of us have said this, may it be a spurt-of-the-moment reaction to new information or because we truly believe it?

Is it the truth?
    Think about your own enjoyment of the games. Overall has it grown over the years or waned? And do you see yourself still actively enjoying it 5 years down the road?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I gave up after yellow

3. knoxus

knoxus Member

Smart move. You aren't missing out on much as it is basically following the same generic story. Except for the fact they've thrown in more pokemon now that you would care to remember...

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

It's growing, especially since it get's Wi-Fi, it's a very competitive game, but the story is meh....

Who cares, the competition is fun :)

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

new ones were FAIL, actually as soon as there were more than 152 pokemon it was FAIL. I still play Pokemon Red (no not fire red, the first red for gameboy, not even in colour). Played the new ones for DS but it wasnt any fun, I didnt even know any of the pokemon. I used to know all 152 pokemon off my head (and embarrasingly probly still do :p).

6. knoxus

knoxus Member

Yes, but most games now are taking advantage of the online multiplayer experience. If pokemon want to offer more to its fans it needs to really step their games up a notch. I for one would like to see a remake of the blue/red/yellow basically as a 3rd person rpg on the wii because as it is now its mostly the fanboys and girls keeping it afloat.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yep, getting too repetitive alright. Most of the new pokemon are too gay looking. Sorry..

Yellow and Crystal were my favourite. The remakes of Red and Blue are stupid.

8. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

there are remakes?

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Actually let me rephrase that, red and green I think, yeah there are remakes, FireRed, LeafGreen you know.. They kill it though.

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

ok right I thought those were different games, havnt played so I wouldnt know if they were remakes or not.

11. clyffe28

I think fire red and leaf green were also like red and green but only renewed and then added a bunch of new features so that it could link to other games such as sapphire and ruby cause their goal is you "gotta catch them all"

12. iceredaph32

iceredaph32 Well-Known Member

well i'm still fond of pokemon games(old or new) until now because well they are excitng for me

13. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

I enjoy playing through each one as they come out. although with each successive one I'm becoming less and less inspired to catch all the legendary pokemon in the game, I don't think I caught any of the extra ones when I played pearl. I know it's partly aimed at kids, but I think they should up the difficulty of puzzles in game and get a new story going, maybe some sort of war between the different island regions where they still fight with their little monsters.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well I think the Pokemon games are aimed at kids, to introduce them to RPG's, start with the obssession to "catch them all" as a kid, end with the obssession to "pwn them all in the online mmorpg" scene as an adult

15. clyffe28

that looks like a goos idea I think pokemon will be much better and exciting when combined with puzzles from zelda or golden sun

16. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

yeah good
    war? so it will not be aimed at kids?
    but it will be ok

17. clyffe28

how will you associate pokemon with war?

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

war = large scale battle, or series of battles.

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I think what some of the guys are hinting at is Nintendo or Game Freaks should up the scales a noth & introduce the Pokemon wrld onto an mmorpg scale. Where people can freely roam & battle anyone, something just like in the "Pokemon battle game" in games, jokes & random stuff section

Or form guilds/alliances & battle in an epic pokemon war

20. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

War was just the first thing that came to my head for whatever reason, but if all the fighting is still done between the pokemon then they could still easily avoid having death by having them run away when their pokemon faints or something similar. It could also account for people besides trainers being everywhere waiting to fight you if they are invading you/you are invading them. Also, maybe they could use some sort of rank system instead of earning badges for those that like that sense of achievement and the military could give you a starting pokemon instead of getting it from professor whatever. I know it might not have been a brilliant idea, it was just an example.